A Mozdest Proposal
1) Install Firefox. It costs 40MB, but it's cool. Is it worth it?
2) Now you can drop Web.... and save at least 21MB. Nice going. Note that Firefox allows you to resize text, search, and even View Source. Sexy.
3) You can drop irssi... which was an unofficial system addon you had to keep reinstalling, and save another 850kb. Besides, Chatzilla has a nicer gui for 300kb. Net gain: 550kb
4) Now you can block Flash from grinding the machine to a halt
5) Write. It's a lot of fun... but does it aggregate? What about Google Docs? Sure they don't work offline...