this page is about the subject. For the OLPC community, see Community:Art
 Images and photography
There are some good tutorials in ohw to frame, crop, and lay out new images.
There are also good public repositories of images to work with; better than the old clipart-collection standbys.
- 4 Free Photos Over 3000 free images.
- Alegri Free Photos Collection of free Creative Commons images.
- Public Domain Images Several thousand copyright friendly images nicely organized in folders, free for personal or commercial use.
- public domain photos (a few thousand)
- open clip art
- Flickr (2 Million cc-by and cc-by-sa photos)
- Smarthistory has developed a very nice (award winning) on-line Art History web-text (CC-NC-SA 3.0 licensing). It would be very interesting to develop this as a content bundle for the XO.
For design of everyday things, including blueprints and other designs, one could use something like graph paper or a CAD program. The American Institute of Architects is interested in helping get some sort of design software to work on the XO, but doesn't have a lot of devs of their own. They are looking for someone to work with them for a while on such outreach efforts.