In general
- Blog daily about ideas, needs, strategies, & successes.
- Create separate wiki pages for ideas and provide enough information so that volunteers and others can get involved.
- Follow through on commitments made to others, specifically, if you tell someone that you will find something for them, email them asap with a status report or that something.
 Building sustainable communities
 Entry points for new participants
- When people ask how they can participate, provide a system that allows them to, quickly and effectively.
- Time: find ways to get involved for five minutes or five hours.
- Skills/Needs: help match skills to activities where skills are needed.
- Place: help people connect within a geographic location, or in person; through large events or small meetups
- Prioritize: work on todo lists, use cases, milestones by project
- see also: Participate
 Cluster communication
- IRC channels, mailing lists, AIM, Talk pages, Discussion threads: ways to connect around specific projects; suggest where to go to find a responsive audience by topic and theme
- Welcome newcomers; be nice.
- Report on successes (daily, on-wiki)
- Thanks, congratulations
- Capture beauty where it is found, and organize it.