OlpcMAP eKindling's Trivia Contest
How do you win?
- *Join olpc/sugar Map Jam: Philippines & eKindling! (9PM EST Sunday Mch 6)
- Answer trivia questions below and send answers privately to email@example.com
1. What was the name of the grassroots org where EKindling started from?
2. What do you call an eKindling volunteer who wants to make a big change in education in the Philippines?
3. How many laptops went to the first OLPC deployment in the Philippines?
100 XO-1.5 laptops
4. Which small island in the Philippines did it go to?
5. What group/community raised funds for the first XO Laptop deployment in the Philippines?
National Computer Center(NCC) former employees
6. Who from eKindling's team recently spoke at the recent TEDxManila?
7. What is the Muscovado Project? [Hint: olpcMAP.net]
Muscovado Project - Adapting the Sugar Learning Platform to the Philippine Context.
8. Follow eKindling on Twitter!
You have to...no other choices.
9. What is Halo Halo?
Halo-halo (from Tagalog word halò, "mix") is a popular Filipino dessert that is a mixture of shaved ice (snow like ice):) and evaporated milk to which are added various boiled sweet beans and fruits, and served in a tall glass or bowl.
10. In 1974, the island of Lubang received international attention. Why?
Lubang Island received international attention in 1974 when Lt. Hiroo Onoda, a Japanese straggler who didn’t know that World War II had ended, emerged from the hills of this Island after 30 years in the forest. He returned to Japan a hero, especially in his hometown of Wakayama Prefecture.
11. List three TED talks (including their links) that we posted on our Facebook Page.
Any of 3 of these TED talks:TED Announces TED-ED Brain Trust
Jane McGonigal: Gaming can make a better world
Adora Svitak: What adults can learn from kids 
12. As listed in our only slideshare document on the web, what are the 4 ways you can get involved in our cause?
Learn, share, donate, connect Read it here!
13. Is it true that a Filipino Inventor invented the Karaoke?
Yes, after years of battle. It was awarded in favour of Roberto del Rosario
14. What are the names of the two schools participating in our first OLPC pilot in the country?
Lubang Integrated school and Maligaya Elementary School
15. Who from eKindling's team is a part of Squeakland.org? [Hint: olpcMAP.net]
The most/creative answers and/or volunteer story was eligible for a Red XO Laptop!
Trivia Contest CLOSED as of 10PM EST Sunday March 6 2011. Luiz Galindo from Bolivia was the winner, getting almost every single answer correct!
Thanks to everyone for your guesses!! Followup discussion is encouraged here: http://educationkindling.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/olpcmap-ekindlings-trivia/
Most important going forward, we ask everyone to bring the Philippines's 21st Century Learning Adventure to life here: http://olpcMAP.net?go=philippines