Inferno Infrastructure Ideas
- Build an Inferno/Plan 9 approach (using synthetic file systems) to the sharing/presence technologies
- Build an Inferno/Plan 9 approach (using synthetic file systems) to DBUS interface objects
- Build an Inferno School Server implementation to handle registration/authentication, post style permanent sharing (perhaps based on wikifs), and long-term storage (via Venti)
- Create an external interface to GUI so that external programs can hook back into Inferno GUI via synthetic file system allow programs written in C, Python, Squeak, whatever to use the same widgets and what not
- Single laptop/multi-user model based on cryptographically secured file system images and inferno-internal id management in order to accommodate OLPC security model.