- http://emshort.wordpress.com/2010/06/07/so-do-we-need-this-parser-thing-anyway/ also discusses interfaces for IF
- http://www.alfiekohn.org/parenting/gj.htm (via Mitch)
- "tell them what they did instead of just saying that they are smart"
- "The reason praise can work in the short run is that young children are hungry for our approval. But we have a responsibility not to exploit that dependence for our own convenience." which suggests that this might still be a good strategy for the intro lessons, but not for the system as a whole.
- provide a gauge showing how 'good' a child's tracing of a letter is, rather than just saying 'good job'. (item 3)