New G1G1 Users notes
You got your XO from the Give 1 Get 1 program. Now what?
- open it up, power up
The leaflet the comes with XO has enough information to get you started. including a URL for more information http://laptop.org/en/laptop/start
- now what? make it do something useful
- navigate user interface - activities rather than files
- explore activities - installed applications for creating and editing
- so what? how can I use this
- lightweight laptop - create / edit - text, images, audio, video
- internet browser
- what's missing? no OLPC-type feeling
- not a school deployment - OLPC assumes 1,000s of XO are shipped and distributed by a school program which includes localization, training, support, mesh network
- resources specifically for G1G1 Givers
- laptop - hardware, software, support
- OLPC project overview
- G1G1 community
Also you can find information at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Getting_Started .
In a school deployment, there would be some support at the early stages. The idea is for the community to take part and share.