|2007 status: yellow|
Wikipedia entry on Bulgaria
Bulgarian working group: http://olpc-bg.org
You can contact OLPC Bulgaria at: olpc-bg-contact (at) googlegroups.com
Currently no formal initiative has been taken in Bulgaria. Unofficial work started in the beginning of 2008. Current goals include a pilot in 2008 (with external financing) and a wider project in 2009 (with government and OLPC support).
Rationales to concentrate effort on Bulgarian education include
- Unsatisfactory results from PISA (www.pisa.oecd.org)
- Lack of fruitful use if ICT in Bulgarian primary education
- Wide variance in performance by children of different ethnic, social or economic status.
- Translation status in Pootle: https://dev.laptop.org/translate/bg/
- present: working on localization and spreading the word.
- 01.11.2008 - XO demonstration at OpenFest 2008 in Sofia, Bulgaria by Alexander Todorov and Geno Roupsky
- 19.04.2008 - One laptop per child or developer - presentation at Linux for Bulgarians monthly conference by Alexander Todorov
- 10.02.2008 - Presentation at the SELF project conference in Sofia, Bulgaria by Geno Roupsky.
- 26.01.2008 - First presentation of the XO laptop in front of public at Linux for Bulgarians conference by Geno Roupsky and Hristo Ivanov, Sofia, Bulgaria.
- 13.01.2008 - Announcement is made and the project goes live.
- 10.01.2008 - Bulgarian language is added to Pootle, existing translations were merged.
- 07.12.2007 - Project is registered for university hosting at OpenFMI.