The contents of this page are considered outdated and some of the information may be stale. Please use information here with caution, or update it.
MB, Canada Repair Center
xorepairs (at) boing (dot) ca
This repair center is still being set up. Thank you for your patience.
This repair center is operated by a support gang volunteer out of Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
The following are members of the repair center:
Please sent all inquires to xorepairs (at) boing (dot) ca
We follow the pricing recommended by OLPC, converted to Canadian Dollars. It is as follows:
- For a tested screen: $__
- Battery: $__
- ALPS Touchpad: $__
- Keyboard: $__
- Power adapter: $__
In addition, the following services can be provided:
- Fix bad motherboard batteries and the bricking that occurs because of it. - $__
- Upgrade to the software build of your choice (703, 852, etc.) (This may cause loss of data) - $__
- Replacing the backplate of your XO to the colours of your choice (Depending on availability) - $__
If any of the above three are purchased in conjunction with another service, your price is reduced by 10CAD.
Shipping/handling not included.
- Return shipping is under $18CAD to most urban centers, Canada Post insurance is an additional $3CAD.
- International shipping varies.
For reference, here is our repair cycle, from start to finish:
- Donor (that's you!) sends an email to the address listed above - if you have previously contacted email@example.com (our very busy OLPC technical staff) about the issue, please include your ticket number
- We'll reply within 2 days with a tentative diagnosis and shipping details
- Donor mails XO, optional components, cheque, and a signed terms of service to the address mentioned in the mail
- We'll send an email when we process your laptop from the incoming mail queue. This may be 1 to 3 business days after your packages delivery.
- We'll send a followup email when we return your laptop.
We have an OLPC Serial Adapter and can fix D6 brickings.
We currently have 2 full sets of XO-1 parts.