OLPC Firmware Q2A52
This page is monitored by the OLPC team.
OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2A52 - 2006-11-12
This is the update release for the B-test build.
MD5 558e0db768e743438d1b88a5c21727c6 olpc-Q2A52.rom
Changes since Q2A42
- EC update to A51
- OFW: Flash preserves mfg data
- OFW: Sets keyboard type in CMOS RAM based on manufacturing data
- OFW: Network is enabled - works with Ax88772 and Ax8817x USB ethernet chips
- OFW: Boot process polish - color icons, speedups, function key handling, less screen flashing
- OFW: USB STALL fixes - some USB devices (e.g. keyboards) that used to fail now work
- OFW: Serial and kbd/screen console now work simultaneously
- OFW Compilation process: Fixes to make gunzip work with gcc 4
- OFW Compilation process: Built from open source svn upstream instead of from tarball
- If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not pay attention to the bad block table.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.