OLPC Firmware Q2B11
OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2B11 - 2006-12-25
This is the update release for the B-test build.
Changes since Q2A71
- EC: update to B11
- EC: Fix battery over-charging when percentage is 100%.
- Implement two mechanisms to prevent over charging.
- To always turn off CHG_ON when battery is not in charging mode.
- Add a time out for charging.
- fast charging (system off) is 160 minutes for 0 ~ 100%.
- slow charging (system on) is 320 minutes for 0 ~ 100%.
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
Thise is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type