OLPC Firmware Q2B17
 OLPC Firmware B2 Pre-production Release Q2B17 - 2007-01-05
This is the firmware for the pre-production test build of the B2 boards.
 Changes since Q2B16
- OFW: Update to r72
- OFW: Workaround for a common hardware problem where some EHCI host controllers sometimes fail to interrupt on async advance.
 Installation Caveats
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
 Known issues
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Directory symlinks have a problem.
 ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
This is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type