OLPC Firmware q2d06
 OLPC Firmware Release q2d06 - 2007-12-04
This firmware is for the Ship.2 software release set, fixing a critical bug that was found in q2d05 at the last minute. The bug caused the system not to boot correctly after an OS update in some (difficult to reproduce on demand) circumstances. It also includes an update of the Libertas wireless firmware to version 20.p42, the same version that the OS uses. It is supported on B3 and later systems. In addition, it has been tested to be safe (does not brick) on B1, B2-1, and preB3. Do not use it on pre-B1 boards - it will brick them because of the EC microcode. It does not work on Atest because support for Atest has been eliminated from the EC microcode.
See Cheat codes for information about how game buttons control startup options.
 Changes since OLPC Firmware q2d05
- OLPC Trac 5322 - Fixed a JFFS2 driver problem that caused files to disappear from the point of view of the firmware under certain obscure situations.
 WLAN firmware is 5.110.20.p42.bin
Improvements in the compatibility with lazy-WDS routers.
 EC code is test4e
<same as in q2d05>
 Installation Instructions
- If you have a B1-B4 system:
- Detailed upgrade instructions are located here.
- If your firmware version is earlier than the version in Auto Install Image then you can just use that procedure for the update.
Note: that this procedure will also upgrade the image in your nand flash -- which is the entire Linux operating system and all the files you may have edited or saved. This means it will ERASE what is in your nand and re-write it. So you will lose any data you have stored on the filesystem unless you back it up. If you do not want your files erased, then please use the first procedure above.
- Do NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
- If you have an ATest system
- Don't use this firmware. ATest support has been removed.