OLPC produces OS images (also known as software builds) which can be installed on XO laptops, customized and rebuilt by deployments, etc. These images include all of the system and user software, allowing your XO to boot straight into OLPC's software environment.
- To install a specific build on your laptop, follow the links to one of the XO releases from the box on the right. For other releases, see Releases.
- The Release notes for each release have instructions for installing or upgrading to a release on your XO. The Updating the XO page references other ways that software images can be installed.
- If you want to identify which build/release is running on your XO, see What release am I running?.
- If you are interested in testing upcoming releases, the Friends in testing page explains where you can start.
- If you know what you're doing, you might be able to find the files that you're looking for on http://download.laptop.org
- To build your own image, see Building custom images.