Story Builder: Lesson 2
Lesson 2: Write a story using the Story Builder
Note: You can do this activity alone, or with a partner.
- Open the MaMaMedia Activity Center from the XO Home screen.
- Open the Story Builder from the MaMaMedia Activity Center.
- A jungle scene will appear in the activity. Jungle characters will appear in the boxes on the left side of the picture.
- Click and drag a character into the scene. Try out all the different characters. To remove one, click on it and drag it to the edge of the scene.
- You can choose a different scene using the Background chooser under the picture. Any characters you added will travel into the new background. You can remove them if you like, or keep them.
- Once you are happy with the scene and characters, write a short story in the text box provided. Be sure to include a problem and a resolution.
- Remember to save your story, so you can go back to it.
- Once your story is complete, share it with the class.
- Discuss with classmates what was difficult and what was easy. Is it easier to write a story without a setting or does having an image of the setting help you write the story more easily?
- Record all the ideas using the WRITE activity on the XO Laptop.