help channel
Hi Eduardo, seems that #olpc-help is back as the help channel, sorry about making you change away from it.
- Both would be bad choices. Traffic may be heavy. Splitting things up by language will help greatly. That means #olpc-en, #olpc-es, #olpc-pt, and so on. If traffic might still be heavy very, splitting on country may be good to. That means #olpc-en_US, #olpc-es_MX, #olpc-es_AR, #olpc-pt_BR, and so on.
when i click on the .xo link i get taken to a page with a bunch of links some of them are terminal.xo links and there a couple versions of xoirc.xo 3 and 4
- yep, install the xoirc .xo file with the highest version number.
The readme suggests doing
/pyeval urk.userpath to find the location of the .conf file, but that doesn't work. changing it to purk.userpath gives me a more hopeful error, but I still can't find it. I'd like to use XoIRC to connect to a server that's NOT freenode by default, and can't seem to figure out where I'm going to need to edit. It looks, oddly, like the use of a conf file has been coded out? --MozTom 02:38, 16 March 2008 (EDT)
 In lieu of urk.conf
- You need to edit lines 36 & 37 in XoIRC.activity/xoircactivity.py in order to change the server and channel that XoIRC defaults to. It currently reads as follows:
- While you're at it, you will probably want to alter the "default" nickname. Look in XioIRC.activity/purk/irc.py for line 71, which reads:
nicks = [user_nick]
- ...and insert this after it:
nicks = [XoIRC_User]
- Unfortunately still I haven't found a way to send commands as soon as you log onto your IRC server, so you'll still have to /msg NickServ IDENTIFY manually.
- You could install an IRC client more to your liking by using yum, but be aware that if you do, it'll have to be sugar-free.
- ▪ NeoAmsterdamTalkEdits 18:12, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
 IRC / IM gateway
This also works great as an IRC client to use im.bitlbee.org to access IM account (Jabber/AIM/MSN/etc.) with benefits of low bandwidth to the irc server.
 Way late and I doubt folk'll see this but.
I was wondering a few things:
- Is there a patch to fix the display of/me actions that is duplicating when the action is something done by other people?
- Is there a way to dismiss the channel bar activity notices when you switch to the channel so that you can know the next time there is activity?
- Is there some sort of way to connect to more than one server?
--Neskaya 19:13, 13 September 2009 (UTC)