The Browse test case is trying to simulate an every day usage of this activity including sharing a session.
Open the activity
Justification: HIG for startup
- start the Browse activity by clicking on the corresponding icon on the taskbar.
- that the Browse icon is added to the activity doughnut.
- that the Browse icon pulses to indicate the activity starting up.
- that the Browse activity starts properly.
- that the window shows the start page of the OLPC library, and defaults to the "Browse" tab.
8 that the Browse come upm your fram
Load a page
Actions (load page):
- double click in the entry field at the top.
- type the address of the page you want to load, then press enter.
- that the reload button next to the entry field changes and the possible option is stop.
Actions (stop loading):
- load a page and while loading hit the stop button on the left to the entry field.
- the loading of the page should stop.
Actions (back/forward button):
- load page and click on a couple of links
- use the back button palette to select a previously visited page
- use the forward button palette to select a previously visited page
- you can go back and forth in the browsing history
Actions (reload page):
- load a page that changes often (e.g. newsticker)
- use the reload button to update the page
- the page contains the new data
Check session storage
- switch to the journal (you can use the magnifier key on the keyboard for that).
- that an entry has been added for your Browse activity session.
- that a preview of the page loaded last is properly displayed.
Justification: View Source
- hit the "view source" shortcut (fn+space) or (ctrl+u).
- the source of the web page is saved to the datastore and the entry of this object in the journal will be displayed.
- the title of the entry should be in the form: "Source: [Title]"
- resume the source entry with Write
- change for example the title of the page and close Write
- resume the entry with Browse again and check if the modified title is displayed fine
- that the modifications have been taken effect when you interpret the source with Browse. Note that only the source will be saved not the images included in a page. Your modified page will likely look slightly different than the one you see when you load it from the Internet.
Copy and paste
Action (copy text from Browse to Write using the clipboard):
- highlight text on a page and use (ctrl+c) to copy it. (The frame will show up shortly containing the new text entry)
- drag it into a Write document
- use the 'Open' menu entry of the clipboard entry to open it with Write
- use (ctrl+v) to paste it into Write
- that the Frame shows up shortly
- that the text is copied into Write
Action (open an url from Chat in Browse):
- type an url (e.g. dev.laptop.org) in the Chat activity
- hover over the entry and use the menu entry 'Copy to Clipboard' to add it to the clipboard
- use 'Open' in the clipboard entry to start another Browse instance with this link
- the clipboard entry gets created
- the desired page is loaded fine in Browse
Action (Open an url from Write in Browse):
- in Write type in an url (e.g. dev.laptop.org) and copy it using (ctrl+c) (this will create another clipboard entry)
- use (ctrl+v) in the navigator entry of Browse to paste the url
- the clipboard entry gets created
- you can paste the url into the navigator entry in Browse
Action (Copy text from Write to Browse): You can copy any text using the shortcut combination (ctrl+c) and (ctrl+v) from Write to the Browse activity.
- in Write highlight the desired text and use (ctrl+c) to copy the text (this will create another clipboard entry)
- use (ctrl+v) to paste the text in Browse. (For example paste the text in a wiki page (e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Sandbox))
- the clipboard entry gets created
- you can paste the text into Browse
Using the view tools
Actions (zoom in/out):
- click on the "View" tab
- press the + and - magnifying glass buttons to zoom in and out.
- use the shortcuts (ctrl++) and (ctrl+-) to zoom in and out
- that you can zoom in and out of a page using the buttons and the shortcuts
- fullscreen mode: hit the button in the View tab or use the shortcut (alt+enter)
- normal mode: hit the floating button on the top right or use (alt+enter)
- that the toolbox at the top and the tray at the bottom are hidden
- that the toolbox at the top and the tray at the bottom are shown
Actions (show/hide tray):
- show the tray: hit the 'hide tray' button in the View tab or use the shortcut (alt+space)
- hide the tray: hit the 'show tray' button on the top right or use (alt+space)
- that the tray at the bottom is hidden
- that the tray at the bottom is shown
Download a file
- Download a file and resume it with an activity
- Cancel a download of a big file in the journal
- The behavior should be like described here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browse#Downloads
Install an activity
- Download an activity (i.e. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Moon)
- Launch the activity
- the journal entry should get created
- you should be able to launch it
The behavior should be like described here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browse#Install_an_activity
- We do allow wanted popups (user clicks on link) and display it in the same window. You can go back to the old page using the back button.
- Unwanted popups are blocked by design. (e.g. a popup that is opened when you load a page for example)
Unfortunately, blocking all of these latter popups, also blocks security warnings, requests to accept security certificates, etc. In my case, I can't get onto my University wireless network because Browse will not display the pop-up asking me to accept the certificate to go to the page where I enter my login details to get onto the wireless network. I get around this by connecting through Opera.
Name the session
- click the Activity tab.
- type a new name for this Session.
- click "Stop" to exit.
- switch to the Journal
- the default name "Browse Activity" (step 1).
- that typing right after clicking the Activity tab overwrites the words "Browse Activity" or the previous document name
- that the new name appears in the Journal
Close the activity
- switch to the Activity tab.
- click the X button in the top right corner.
- you can use as well the shortcuts (ctrl+q) or (ctrl+esc) to quit the activity
- that clicking the X button closes the Browse activity.
- that the Browse icon disappears from the activity doughnut.
Resume a session
- switch to the Journal.
- find the entry for your Browse session.
- either click on the 'direct launcher' at the right of the entry or
- click on the entry and use the "Resume" button to resume the entry with the desired activity.
- that your entry in the Journal is still present and has updated the preview to indicate your new work.
- that resuming your Browse session loads the last session properly.
- go to the Activity tab
- click the Share button in the upper right hand corner.
- have another member of the local mesh join your activity.
- switch back to the Write activity, then wait and see if the user you invited can make edits to it.
- that the user is able to join your shared Browse session
- that the user is able to collaborate on the Browse session with you (create session Bookmarks).
- that the user's icon is added to the right side of the frame (Friends frame). (when you press the view sidebars key)
- that a Browse activity icon appears in the Neighborhood view, with your icon and the icon of the other user grouped around it