The One Laptop per Child association develops a low-cost laptop—the "XO Laptop"—to revolutionize how we educate the world's children. Our mission is "to provide educational opportunities for the world's poorest children by providing each child with a rugged, low-cost, low-power, connected laptop with content and software designed for collaborative, joyful, self-empowered learning."
Read more recent news, follow our deployments, or read about sugar 0.86 and our upcoming XO 1.5 laptop release. If you want to suggest or start a new project, or get hardware to work with, you can submit a project proposal directly.
Start of mass production at Quanta
This wiki contains project pages describing work and ideas related to OLPC. Be bold - create new pages for your own projects, or learn how to get involved with those already in progress. You can also ask other community members about ways to contribute.
See our latest news including our newly overhauled Contributors Program, offering free XO Laptop loans and community mentoring to volunteers worldwide who pay it forward.
There are overview pages dedicated to hardware, software, education and content.
The XO's iconic software interface, Sugar, has its own human interface guidelines, here and on the Sugar Labs wiki. There are also discussion pages on issues of deployment and country-specific discussions.
OLPC is designed around five core principles—Child Ownership, Low Ages, Saturation, Connection, and Free and Open Source tools, and each of these have their own portal sections as well.
News and updates
launches at Kagugu Primary School in Kigali
Thai, one of 18 localized OLPC keyboards
One of many activities
available for Sugar - a Memorize
game for practicing spelling, counting, and memory
The 20 most recent new pages on this wiki:
- 05:24, 5 December 2013 Serial adapters/Linux/ModemManager (hist) [702 bytes] Quozl (Talk | contribs)
- 15:14, 3 December 2013 XS Community Edition/Features/Online editor (hist) [4,853 bytes] Aklis (Talk | contribs)
- 14:23, 29 November 2013 Fundraising (hist) [5,641 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 23:08, 28 November 2013 Raspberry (hist) [31 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 12:39, 28 November 2013 Spain (hist) [162 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 12:35, 28 November 2013 Burkina Faso (hist) [3,207 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 13:55, 25 November 2013 What research departments studying the sense and non-sense of ICT in education say about OLPC (hist) [657 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 22:30, 19 November 2013 Firmware/Identifying Wireless LAN Device (hist) [1,402 bytes] Quozl (Talk | contribs)
- 08:52, 18 November 2013 ProtoSnap Contributors Guide/Upload (hist) [3,661 bytes] Quozl (Talk | contribs)
- 14:13, 11 November 2013 XS Community Edition/Features/Audience response system (hist) [5,156 bytes] Aklis (Talk | contribs)
- 05:03, 10 November 2013 OLPC Asia BaseCamp 2013/sessions (hist) [3,399 bytes] Danishka (Talk | contribs)
- 19:02, 6 November 2013 Activities/OLPCAU/xo-1-test/13.2.0 (hist) [11,351 bytes] Godiard (Talk | contribs)
- 23:12, 1 November 2013 Standard contacting letter to be emailed to the EU Ministers of Education/Responsible parties for Education in every EU Member State (hist) [440 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 17:42, 1 November 2013 Caribbean Islands/Countries (hist) [803 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 16:55, 1 November 2013 Island States (hist) [80 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)
- 21:45, 31 October 2013 XS Community Edition/0.5/Ansible Progress (hist) [3,174 bytes] Timmoody (Talk | contribs)
- 19:03, 31 October 2013 XS Community Edition/0.6/Sprint (hist) [151 bytes] Holt (Talk | contribs)
- 04:35, 31 October 2013 XS Community Edition/0.6/Road Map (hist) [480 bytes] Holt (Talk | contribs)
- 05:28, 30 October 2013 Bluetooth/Nintendo Wii Remote Plus (hist) [1,258 bytes] Quozl (Talk | contribs)
- 15:59, 29 October 2013 Coordination OLPC Community eHumanities (hist) [1,536 bytes] SvenAERTS (Talk | contribs)