There are many bundles related to physics, including
- A Physics (activity) which provides a physics engine and scene editor
- A Physics-based game called x2o
- A Physics (collection) (with articles about physics in a few languages)
There was a physics meeting on July 10.
mokurai is looking into other things that exist for upcoming discussions.
- http://box2dflash.sourceforge.net/ Actionscript 3 Box2D - This does not load with Gnash because Gnash tries to copy AVM1 (virtual machine of Flash 8 and below). It runs fine on Adobe Flash 9 & 10 which both use the AVM2 in both the Opera browser and the Browse Activity (albeit slowly because the Physics calculations here are Math & CPU heavy)
- http://jbox2d.org/ Java box2d... made by user:ewjordan No chance of working on the XO any time soon.
A physics scene editor
Current needs include:
- a format for scenes that can be shared across engines.
- a way to save/export(/import?) a scene from within the activity
Physics and vision processing
Vision processing shows much promise for allowing freeform kinesthetic interaction with the XO.
Combining this with user-defined physics simulation would allow for more creative visual feedback from this kinesthetic interaction.
(nrp via games list) For example, letting someone take a picture of themselves, let them select their face in the picture, and then crop that and use it as a character in a game.
Physics (other bundles)
There are physics collections in a few languages. There are also a number of unsugarized physics engines or simulators that have been tested on the XO, which could be made available
Physics curriculum materials
There is a very interesting on-line high school physics course here: http://online.cctt.org/