Just getting started here.
Chris Leonard, Ph.D.
I'm currently Director of Translational Research and Technology at a small pharmaceutical research and development firm working on disorders of the central nervous system, which is a roundabout way of saying I run an IT shop with some interesting scientific computing requirements and do other things  that need to get done (e.g. design and run clinical trials, etc.).
I've got a strong background in clinical microbiology, formerly a licensed clinical microbiology lab tech and 5 years of teaching the same to medical students at Cornell Med during my Ph.D. program. My research interests have included the molecular biology of viral DNA replication (Ph.D.), molecular oncology (post-doc at Johns Hopkins) and bioinformatics studies of the evolution of cell-cycle control mechanisms (GenBank Fellow, NCBI/NLM/NIH). Of particular relevance in this context, I'm an expert hunter-gatherer and synthesizer of biomedical information and interested in contributing to the Health project.
A passing interest in the topology of networks (including social networks) has led me to the discovery that I have an Erdős numberof 3.
More details on my LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/1/846/908
- I'm developing an idea for an animal health content module.
- Path from idea to bundle User:Cjl/Path
- Hunting for more content like Children's_Health_Books from governmental and NGO sites that is high-quality, easily bundled and under suitable licensing.
- General wiki clean-up, especially with regard to metadata to make it easier to find stuff on-wiki.
Working on some infrastructure and capacity-building projects
Number of Articles 9,847
- Fighting Disease
- Extensión en Español
- A national clearinghouse for Spanish-language educational resources operated by and for Extension professionals
- McGraw-Hill English/Spanish anatomy/physiology glossary
- McGraw-Hill Link Collection
- Quia Books Bookstore
- Free photo
- Disease Control Priorities Project website
- Priorities in Health (pp236)
- Disease Control Priorities in Developing Countries (2nd Edition) (pp1934)
- MedLinePlus as alternative to Health WikiSlice?
cjlhomeaddress /at/ gmail \dot\ com
XO Biology Project logo idea: XO-biology2.svg