User:Holt/XS Community Edition
Welcome to the School Server - Community Edition (XSCE, or http://schoolserver.org) project. XSCE is a school or classroom-based server which extends the communication and content capabilities of connected laptops.
 Getting Started with XSCE 0.3 RC1
 Getting Help with XSCE
Direct questions/comments to mailing list: http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/server-devel
Testing would be WONDERFUL. Are we tough enough? Start here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3/Testing Also: let's start talking about testing 0.4 this summer!
Report bugs and feature requests to https://sugardextrose.org/projects/xsce
IRC (community chat) channel #schoolserver at busy times on irc.freenode.net
Weekly voice meeting are held on Skype
8PM "2PM" NYC Time Thursdays. (Please email if you want to join so we can add you to the call.)
Human contact: holt @ laptop.org
 Upcoming version of XSCE 0.4
Learn more about the short term goals for the upcoming XSCE version.
Latest bleeding-edge RPM builds, at your own risk: http://xsce.activitycentral.com/repos/xsce/devel or you can use the repo definition http://xsce.activitycentral.com/repos/xsce-devel.repo
 Vision for XSCE
Learn more about the long term goals at XSCE Vision.
Add a Service to School Server by Creating a Plugin (original written April 2013)
Original OLPC XS design and implementation available at OLPC School Server
- Jerry Vonau (SW architecture)
- George Hunt (configuration, GUI, low-power HW)
- Tim Moody (documentation, testing, Puppet auto-distribution & config mgmt)
- Anna Schoolfield (testing, content/ebooks curation platforms)
- Anish Mangal (integration, offline cloud)
- Rodrigo Hartmann (security, GUI, maintainability, intl languages)
- David Farning (software engineering tips)
- Alex Kleider (bookserver eg. Pathagar)
- David Rodríguez Álvarez (web design)
- Rubén Rodríguez (Linux/Trisquel advisor)
- Adam Holt (documentation, community coordination & outreach)
- Professor Sameer Verma (free/open advisor & user)
- Sridhar Dhanapalan (video) & many more!
- Nitika Mangal (QA Manager in India)
- Santiago Collazo (Sysadmin)
- Kartik Kumar Perisetla (Sugar developer, Delhi, India)
- Mike Dawson (advisor on SME Server technologies, Mideast, Afghanistan)
 Related Projects
- BRCK.com by Ushahidi
- http://SMEserver.org since 1999, based on CentOS
- http://eXeLearning.org being enhanced by Mike Dawson, for Nokia phones
- http://LibraryBox.us by Jason Griffey & All (map shows 25 locations)
- http://internet-in-a-box.org by Braddock Gaskill
- http://LocalFi.org by Caryl Bigenho, Sebastian Silva & All
- Sugar Network by Aleksey Lim
- BeLL Ground Server on RPi, by http://OLE.org
- Pathagar Bookserver by Sayamindu Dasgupta, now maintained by Seth Woodworth & All
 Sep 2013 Agenda
v0.4 hack sprint expected during the 1st half of September, near Toronto or Winnipeg.
 Aug 2013 Agenda
v0.4 hack sprint "Sun Jul 28 - Fri Aug 2" 1hr north of Winnipeg? Deferred: hard work continues in prep for Sept v0.4 sprint.
 Jul 2013 Agenda
Prep sprint! v0.4 spec gaining precision, bringing stability & configurability to most XOs, RPi, x86, 64-bit Fedora.
 Jun 2013 Agenda
 May 2013 Agenda
 Apr 2013 Agenda
 March 2013 Agenda
Boston meetup Mch 1-4 with Sameer Verma, Anish Mangal. Early pre-field test connects an orphanage from Haiti.
 Feb 2013 Agenda
 Jan 2013 Agenda
 Dec 2012 Agenda
Jamaica implementation sprint (delayed).
 Nov 2012 Agenda
Centred around Toronto area hack sprint Nov 10-18:
Meet with Anish Mangal and Nathan Riddle near Detroit etc to discuss wider community integration.
 Oct 2012 Agenda
 Sep 2012 Agenda
Toronto area hack sprint Sept 16-23, incl public demo Saturday Sept 22.