User:Holt/XS Community Edition/0.2
Version 0.2 provides core AP features plus a small set of critical extended services on an XO 1.75. These extended services include:
- Web server -- Building block for many other extended services
- proxy server and web cache --bandwidth, web-filtering, web-monitoring
- OLPC-update -- OLPC-update is necessary to update the kernel of XO
- Activity update-- Enables teachers to easily distribute new or updated activities to their students
- Virtual Private Network -- Creates secure point-to-point or site-to-site connections in routed or bridged configurations and remote access facilities
Start by installing a School Server.
Configure your school server to meet your needs.
Adopting the School Server to meet your specific needs
Test the School Server to make sure that it will operate reliably under your circumstances.