User:Martinlanghoff/XS 0.7 plan
Rebuild packages, spec fixups
Jerry Vonau has done a lot of the exploratory work, so mostly done I think. Thanks! Still, might hit issues and cry for help...
Switch from metapackage to 'groups'
RFH: The repos I build have no 'groups' defined, and we need to control livecdcreator/pungi and anaconda so that only the group (and its deps) is included.
Polish on the Anaconda / Installer
- With current buildsys tools maybe we can now replace fedora-logos properly.
- Current Anaconda seems to install from a bootable USB
- Administration, management
- Simplify networking -- drop Active Antennas definitely
- Allow to run single-NIC, in a pre-existing network
- etckeeper to track configs
- needs better ignores
- got to do etckeeper init and initial commit
- Simplify, cleanup xs-config -- use alternative init scripts and configs (as we are doing with'pgsql-xs' vs 'postgresql').
- Easy to enable:
- Filtering: OpenDNS, upstream content proxy
- DHCP leases only for XO MACs and whitelisted addresses
- apache rsync proxy
- activity-server support for dotted activities
- cannot register if your name includes a ":" -- or any invalid username char
- reporting tool (what can we use?)
- log-and-config collector, similar to olpc-logs (and using etckeeper as well?)
- better oats + xs-rsync integration and support
- and lzma support
- Good spec files so ARM rebuild possible / easy