Hiya Lee, would you be willing to be a wiki admin? Adminship should be no big deal; but it helps in dealing with vandals. You just need to be careful with page deletion... Sj talk 18:09, 5 June 2007 (EDT)
- Hi! I really appreciate (as most other people in the wiki) the effort and length of your committement in patrolling vandalism. I really think you should become an admin (at least to have the rollback link when patrolling ;) Again, thanks a lot!! Cheers, --Xavi 11:24, 9 October 2007 (EDT)
- Congrats & welcome! :) If you have any doubts about things, just ask!
- Now... where did I leave those links... :) --Xavi 22:38, 9 October 2007 (EDT)
Thanks for the note... and yes, the battery graphics work really well in the step-by-step text, and I re-read instructions after I sent my note. So I agree, the simultaneous nature of the task matters, and extra arrows take away from that emphasis... numbers not necessary. These look so great inline with the steps in the "library" version, so I'm going to make sure they line up right in the wiki page too. annegentle 22:45, 10 December 2007 (EST)
thanks for tackling the translate icon! I like the style - very clean, very readable - but (and you knew I was going to ask this) is there a way to make it non-language-specific? Maybe two interlocking speech bubbles facing in opposite directions, or two pencils, or two talking heads... something that conveys the transfer of info and meaning between two different types of communicators - just brainstorming here. Mchua 12:17, 30 July 2007 (EDT)
- I love the 5th version of the new set! There's some comparison & discussion at Talk:Localization#Translate_icon. Mchua 05:49, 14 August 2007 (EDT)
Dear Joe, would you mind contacting me through email? I'm wondering if you'd allow us to use your translate icon in another not-for-profit project. Thanks! --Nick-b 21:18, 9 August 2008 (UTC)
re: Portuguese changes
follow up to User talk:Xavi#Portuguese changes
- As far as my portuñol goes, the changes seem valid. I think we can leave it to the portuguese speakers to settle for a term :) BTW, thanks for patrolling (I've been a too bussy with other things) --Xavi 18:48, 29 October 2007 (EDT)
i now know, how to revert edits! :) --Arjs 14:28, 31 October 2007 (EDT)
Just a friendly poke
Don Hopkins has a release candidate that has code separated out cleanly for conversion into Python. It's still TCL at the moment, but it cuts out a lot of the former cruft. This doesn't in itself solve the process-launching-another-process issues that lead to extra circles &c when sugar is grumpy, but is a step in the right direction. --Sj talk to me 18:55, 24 December 2007 (EST)
--Nikki 12:30, 9 February 2008 (EST)
I opened a ticket for implode localization, please check it. I assume that you are the developer, right? I'm new in programming, learning python :)
Another aspiring vandal?
Would such observations be best posted to OLPC_talk:Administrators? I vaguely remember running across some sort of "vandal" page, but I've lost track of it and I'm not sure if anyone watches it. I'm posting this here because I've seen that you take a keen interest in such matters. Regards, Cjl 13:37, 28 March 2008 (EDT)
- FYI, check Special:Recentchanges for "How to Backup Games", suspicious activity by a slew of IPs. Some kind of wiki spambot?
- 188.8.131.52 (older, but similar)
Cjl 21:37, 30 March 2008 (EDT)
I don't want you to get tired of seeing postings from me filling up your talk page. I'm just going to post these to OLPC_talk:Vandalism, see there for the latest suspects. Are you one of the three watching users on that page? Cjl 14:48, 4 April 2008 (EDT)
Lee, I just posted the log of an Implode bug on the Implode/Talk page. I posted rather than created a trac bug given the non-core nature of Implode. Implode fails during initialization in Joyride. It seems some of the Python world must have moved. Rmyers 03:12, 12 July 2008 (UTC)