What is OmegaWiki
OmegaWiki, formerly named WiktionaryZ is a wiki-based project. Its aim is to bring together information that is lexicological, terminological or thesaurus-like. Technically it extends the MediaWiki software with the ability to contain relational data. OmegaWiki being the first project that will make use of this functionality, is a project that will combine both lexicological, terminological and ontological. This is a consequence of it's design criterion; "to be able to include all the data that can be found in the current Wiktionaries.
 Differences between a standard wiki and a Wikidata wiki
The data on a standard wiki is in a flat file. The data in a Wikidata wiki is relational and consequently it is forms based. All the functionality that is expected of a standard wiki will be included: versioning including roll-back, talk pages, recent changes ..
 Why OmegaWiki
OmegaWiki is a project that started out of frustration of the Wiktionary projects. The wiktionary projects were organised by language and, consequently it's aim to have all words of all languages is to be replicated some 171 times.. When a mistake has entered a Wiktionary, it is often replicated many times. Having all this information correctly in one project is hard, having it in so many projects is impossible.
 OmegaWiki and OLPC
OmegaWiki has started a project to provide the OLPC with lexical content for use with the OLPC systems. In this project we ask people to contribute content in THEIR language for the most relevant words in their language. We have started this list with some 1000 words and will slowly but surely expand this list with other words. The OmegaWiki community will ask both people and companies to contribute to the creation of this Free resource.
- http://omegawiki.org - main site
- http://www.omegawiki.org/OLPC_Children%27s_Dictionary - OmegaWiki is creating a dictionary specifically for the OLPC project.
- Omegawiki-subproject including functionality and content for usage on OLPC-Machines 
- first parts of the API (beta) see "wikidata" at http://kantoor.edia.nl/wikidata/api.php
- see collection info page at http://www.omegawiki.org/Collections/OLPC
- Formats materials are currently in
- Wiki (mediawiki extension)
- Scripting (any scripting needed to convert it from curent packaging)
- content packages might be retrieved by the mediawiki api.php wikidata functionality
 Curator Info
Group: Reference (dictionaries)
Group coordinator: None
Curators: Gerard Meijssen
Scope (subjects, ages, other)
- linguistics, language-learning
- all ages
Completeness (comprehensiveness for given topic and audience)
- Completeness unknown. Complete enough to be usable, and development is in progress.
Multilingualism (specifically es, pt, en, ar)
- Excellent. This was the original intent of the design.
Quality (incl. suitability for audience)
- High quality - being designed specifically for OLPC audience.
Freeness (license and format)
- http://www.omegawiki.org/Licensing - Content usable under either GNU FDL 1.2+ and Creative Commons Attribution 2.5+ (user chooses which license to use content under). Contributions are automatically licensed under both.
 Comments, Tags, and Ratings
 How to Add
- local usage on laptops might need SQL queries so perhaps use somehow SQLite