World Digital Library
The World Digital Library is a collection of cultural material from libraries around the world.
- English, Spanish, Russian
- >> 1 TB from the Library of Congress; smaller collections from other libraries of the rough dozen countries involved.
- Contributed content to library releases 0 and 1, formerly at http://dev.laptop.org/pub/content/Library/.
- Formats materials are currently in : widely varied format and metadata. Images, audio files, and text files in many formats, html, videos,
- Scripting: individual scripts may be suitable for online collections; much of the curation is being done internal
Group: Library of Congress
Group coordinator: Kevin Novak, Justin Thorp
Curator(s): Librarians @ LOC...
Allottable size: 10M / 2G
Scope: very broad. cultural materials, artefacts, library and museum collections.
Completeness: close to done
Multilingualism: primarily en; have 20+ language specialties
Quality: high to highest
Freeness: freest; public domain
Comments, Tags, and Ratings