XS Community Edition/0.4/Services/Ebookreader
Getting started with EBookReader
- Download the .xo bundle from here, and copy it to a pen-drive.
- Insert the pen-drive into a XO, running "Sugar" environment, based on GTK3.
- Navigate to the pen-drive menu, and click the "EBookReader-gtk3-1.xo" bundle.
- Voila.. the activity is installed and launched. Time to play with it :)
- Now, a PDF or a EPUB file can also be opened directly via "Open With EBookReader" (or imported via the "My Library" tab).
Modifying book-servers configuration
- Ensure that the "EBookReader" activity is not opened.
- Open "Terminal" activity.
- Open the file "/home/olpc/Activities/EBookReader.activity/GetBooksActivity/get-books.cfg".
- Here, the servers-configuration can be managed. To test,
- Try removing one of the pre-configured "Feedbooks" or "Internet Archive".
- Add the following server (thanks to Sameer for providing this server for testing)
[Sameer's awesome PATHAGAR]
name = Very awesome server by Sameer
query_uri = http://220.127.116.11/latest.atom?q=
opds_cover = http://opds-spec.org/image
When the application is next launched, only the corresponding servers (present in "get-books.cfg") will be available for the books to be searched from.