The 13.2.0 operating system did not run from an SD card in the external slot of an XO-1.
- select an SD card of at least 4GB; the faster the better, but it will be erased by the process below,
- select a USB drive of at least 1GB,
- download 32014o0.zip (601 MB) and expand the contents onto the USB drive,
- Shutdown the XO-1,
- insert the USB drive and the SD card into the XO-1,
- hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- turn on the laptop,
- wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- release the game keys, progress will be displayed, grey blocks will turn green, and the screen will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 70 0 % Installing to SD card ..... please wait.
- after a few minutes it will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 0 0 % Rebooting in 10 seconds ... please wait.
- it is finished, you may the USB drive then, during the reboot, or after the reboot.
Installing with an XO-1.5, XO-1.75, or XO-4
- download as above,
- insert the USB drive and SD card into an XO-1.5, XO-1.75, or XO-4, but do not boot the laptop from the USB drive,
- instead, at the Ok prompt, type
devalias fsdisk ext:0 fs-update u:\32014o0.zd
- wait for the fs-update to complete,
- remove the USB drive, insert into an XO-1, power on, wait for Sugar, verify version in My Settings, About my Computer.