These instructions applies to a python activity using the base activity classes and the bundlebuilder. For more background information about Localization please see the Localization page.
Make the code translatable
- Import the gettext module
from gettext import gettext as _
- Mark strings as translatable using _('String')
Generate the POT file for translators
- You will need to generate it and push it in the repository every time you add strings. (XXX how do we automatize it)
Get your strings localized
- Open a new Trac ticket, in the Localization component, specifying the source repository location. You will need to include the following information (with examples):
Once that's done the people who care about localization can get the .pot files to translate and can contribute them back.
- Go to page for the project you want to translate on Fedora Translations.
- Once your translation is ready open a new Trac ticket, in the Localization component and attach your translation (as a .po file). You will need an account (login or register)
Guidelines on standardization in the language codes (IANA, ISO 639-2/3) and encoding (UTF-8)?