- Wednesday February 24, 1500 EST
see also the team agenda
- Request and require M! schedule :20 for a call when not everyone is free at once.
- Update Reviews of OLPC, with a focus on a summary report
Messaging and website
- Communication and ticketing
- Website tickets ==> Lynn
- rt use for public contacts
- adding an (800) number and corollaries / connection to existing support (POORLY INFORMED DEBATE)
- Messaging update: hardware, software, people, timeline
- Country updates: Peru sidebar, Haiti, Afghanistan, Nicaragua
- Write an updated 10.1.0 manual (screenshot updates)
- Updating/reviewing getting started guide / manuals: identify what's linking to each of the below. (POORLY INFORMED DEBATE)
- Figuring out what v. of Sugar you're running (start screen, three dots?)
- laptop.org/start (currently only Release 7.1.x)
- laptop.org/manual (currently only Release 8.2.x)
- 10.1.0 manual already updated by Seth Woodworth as part of the onboard Help Activity
- release notes for each of the above major releases
- XO-1.5 pages - story, specs, hardware. Separate XO-1, 2.0, 3.0 pages.
- Newsletter text and site, OLPC:News update, stories needed by Friday, Feb 26
- Public campaigns: preparing calls to action and donation language
- News and other text for: Activities (revised for 10.1.0 activities), Nicaragua, Testing, archive design (Christian available again for this)
- Website meeting recap: target audience priorities, input from Claudia, marketing v. other website uses.
Programs, projects, and countries
- Ethiopia office plans: calendar, targets, upcoming events.
- Getting reliable internet access
- E. African MOU
- Haiti plan of record: Corps and related FAQs. Almost 2000 XOs in Dallas. Will need triaging/refurbishing into working and parts machines.
- planning a public note for March newsletter. gov schools for the displaced will house 20-40k children.
- assessing Haitian uni students for corps teams
- Other countries
- Afghanistan: Calendar, timeline; funding/tech/content needs. Story development. Follow-up w/ Ebtihaj.
- US and Canada
- Shared materials and docs for outreach
- Nia is gathering materials compiled by others to put online. A public weekly chat Thursdays @ 10:00 EST discusses this.
- Calendar (team cal) updates. Coordination with calendars for Corps (Gaza, Haiti, and other), Interns, summer interns @ 1CC, and our move upstairs.
- Upcoming conferences and events (Roadshows, Tech & Advo & Int'l & other)
- Causes & partnerships: update from Mike & Amy (Roberta to help w/CRM)
- Intros to CCast, NGeo
- Data gathered -- what do we have, what are we gathering
- Web and communication metrics : site traffic, unique/returning visitors once a month.
- Partnership metrics
- Brand surveys
- competitors, supporters, current brand position
- near-term planning to strengthen the brand
Tasks and metrics
- Process for making/reviewing announcements -- SJ/Kalil/Lynn meeting Thursday?
- Wiki updates -- find an intern for accessibility and freshness
- Tech updates -- find a tech intern for advo support. Push for weekly infrastructure changes.
- Upcoming announcements
- Association announcement
- Sugar 0.88 release & testing
- 2 millionth activity download
- 1.75 development underway (mid March)
- OLPC Oceania update
- UNICEF update, learning materials? 1.5 interest from David L.