How to build an Android image for XO-4.
We provide in this directory changes to the Android 4.3.1 source so that Android can be built for the XO-4 laptop.
- a well connected development system,
- about 20 GB of download capability,
- follow the "Downloading the Source" guide to install Repo,
- use Repo to download the Android source,
$ repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-4.3.1_r1 $ repo sync
- in the same working directory, expand our file xo4-android-source-release-20131220.tar.gz and merge the changes,
- start the build:
$ . build/envsetup.sh $ lunch 13 $ make -j8
- ensure you have a copy of the Linux build,
- prepare a .zd file for the XO-4:
$ cd vendor/olpc/xo4/mkzd $ ./mkzd.sh