Ask OLPC a Question
Before asking a question...
- Read the "Official OLPC FAQ";
- If you own an XO laptop and have technical questions, read the "Support FAQ";
- Search the wiki for an answer to your questions (using the search field in the column on the left, or Google), and add a targeted question or comment to the discussion associated with that page;
- Aside from the sections below (each of which can be viewed in expanded form using the links provided), there are several other pages which contain Frequently Asked Questions. Check them to see if your question is covered there.
- Some classes of questions have their own forums:
- To get a laptop for yourself, your young relatives, your NGO, etc., see this section;
- To submit ideas, see the OLPC Idea Pool.
- To answer a question, feel free to reply below. Sign your response (using the wiki convention of -- ~~~~) and put it in the Answered Question Section of its subpage (that is, above the line with </noinclude> which is near the end). The community can discuss and revise your answer.
- To make general comments and suggestions, see the main talk page or the "discussion" tab at the top of each page;
- There is a discussion page to dispel various rumors about the project.
- There is a new developers FAQ at http://aaa.opensourcehost.com/~thoughts/faq/.
Please keep in mind...
While OLPC maintains these pages, all of the questions and many of the answers come from the community. Without an extraordinary effort by the community to keep you informed about the project, we would never be able to keep pace with all of these questions.
We make an effort to ensure the accuracy of the information in the FAQ, but please do check with OLPC before presuming that an answer is "endorsed" by OLPC: we encourage the expression of a diversity of opinions on this site, but we do not necessarily agree with all opinions expressed here. Please remember to use the article pages for facts; please do use the discussion page associated with each article page to express your opinions.
Common questions about how to use your XO laptop (also see our Getting Started guide)
Project and Goals
Questions about our goals and approach to our mission
Questions about our team and how to get involved
Questions about the social impact of our mission
Purchasing, Distribution, and Countries
The Give One Get One program concluded on 31 December 2007. Please see  for more ways to give.
Questions about the Give One Get One program
Questions about the status of your Give One Get One order
Questions about how we plan to distribute laptops
Questions about the countries that are deploying one laptop per child
General questions about OLPC technology
Specific questions about how to connect an XO laptop to the Internet
Questions about our hardware
Questions about our software
Questions about our environmental impact
A place to ask new questions
An archive of questions that have been asked about the program that are less current