A category is a term that is recognized by the software that generates this wiki. When you add this code Category:Countries between double square brackets in a page, it puts your page on an automatically updated and generated page listing all pages where the authors inserted that code. So in this case a link to your page would automatically be added on a page listing all country pages or in other words, the Category "Countries" lists pages with information about OLPC in different countries.
Guidelines for developing Country Pages, the Category:Countries or put that code in your page
- If you work on a country page, please include a short paragraph in English at the top of each country page to direct readers to any English-language resources about your country project. After that, feel free to use your native language, as per details mentioned below.
- Some countries have several names or language groups that have the name of their country in their language, so what name to use? We use the ISO Short English Names of countries: Country pages should be in the form of [[OLPC shortEnglishName]]. Put your country name into shortEnglishName. See this page, Country_name for a list of "shortEnglishName".
- Include the following code tag: [[Category:Countries|shortEnglishName]]
- the page will then be included in this category, and
- be sorted by shortEnglishName (otherwise, it'll be under 'O'LPC...)
- Use the Country box template near the top of your page. See the template page for instructions. This will give you the big information box and enter the country into the correct deployment and status sub-categories
- Never use the page for only your own project or solely a private group instead of OLPC project in your country. A country page should be a general resource about OLPC itself in the country even if official OLPC project has not yet launched there.
- Build a 'subcategory' for OLPC in your country then put all local resources rather than global things. Please regard local subcategories as your local 'project site' in the country and the above country page as homepage of the local site. (Please note that the 'translated' pages should be considered as global resources because they are only a 'language version' of a multilingual site.)
- For the translated pages in this category, please make a subpage 'Category:Countries/lang-xx' then;
- in 'Category:Countries/lang-xx' page itself, insert the tag [[Category:Countries|xx]]. xx is a 2 letters language code in lower case. It acts as a subcategory.
- in the translated pages, tag [[Category:Countries/lang-xx]]. They are categorized into the subcategory for translated pages in main category.
- Generic documents which are dedicated to a specific country would be tagged like this [[Category:Countries| ]](white space after pipe |) then they are listed first.
- When you've done this in this category, you get the following;
- generic informational pages indexed top
- all country pages sorted by country name
- doorway to each country's local resources
- translated pages grouped by language
(previous 200) (next 200)
Pages in category "Countries"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 194 total.