Collaborative GrantProposals: Silver Shadows
SILVER SHADOW TECHNOLOGIES (U) LTD
PLOT 21, SSEMPALA RD, NAMANVE
P.O BOX 760
Silver Shadow Technologies is an ICT support and consultancy firm that provides Information and Communication Technology services to both private and public sectors, financial institutions, NGO’s, Office bureaus among others at competitive rates.
To consistently create value for our stakeholders, by providing solutions which enable our clients to achieve excellence and a sustainable competitive edge.
Our Core Values
Flexibility is the key to our offerings, and intrinsic to this flexibility, is the spirit of innovation that we bring to our products and services from the stage of design to implementation and customer support.
At Silver Shadow, we have always prided ourselves on the vision, skills, expertise and professionalism of our team. Our team members make use of their keen insight to foresee industry trends and meet demanding customer needs. And the working of their collective minds in a highly supportive environment ensures that our products and services retain a competitive edge at all times.
At Silver Shadow Technologies, we look at the core values of integrity at the very soul of our company. This is reflected in our trusted relationship that we share with our customers and business partners and the faith reposed in us by our trusted stakeholders.
Our Quality Policy
Silver Shadow strives to provide services to its customers with continuous improvement, pro-active approach, courtesy, timely response and accuracy with a goal of achieving total customer satisfaction.
- Equity Bank
- Barclays Bank
Silver Shadow Technologies comprises of three key board members and these are:
- Moses Tumwesigye – Managing Director
Has a vast wealth of experience and has previously held senior I.T positions in some of the top corporations in the country and these include;
- I.T Manager – A.I.G Uganda currently known as Chartis
- I.T Manager – Maersk Uganda
- I.T Team Leader – DFCU Bank
- Systems administrator - Standard Chartered Bank
- Supervisor I.T Department - Bank of Baroda
Moses Tumwesigye holds a Bachelors Degree in Library and Information Science from Makerere University, and various certifications in the ICT discipline which include;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE Certification)
- S.C.O UNIX 5.0 Unix Administration
- Novell Netware 3.11 and Hardware support skills
He has successfully implemented key projects at some of his previous places of work and these include.
- DFCU Bank branch role out at Makerere University
- February 2004 to July 2004 worked with a consultant to design and install insurance package UGIS that handles underwriting and claims information, and also designed the accounts receivable module.
- March 2002 to April 2002 participated in the installation of a 64k leased line recently upgraded to a 128k in setting up of a VPN at Standard Chartered Bank.
- January 1998 to October 1998 participated in data conversion of non compliant software “Bank Master” to Y2K compliant Bank of Baroda (U) Ltd.
- In 2001 participated in ATM Hawk Upgrade and installation of new ATM’s at Standard Chartered Bank.
- Kenneth K. Mwandara – Business Development Manager
Kenneth Mwandara has worked in the I.T field for some time and has previously held the following positions.
- Systems Administrator – Panorama Technical Service
- I.T Manager – Phenix Logistics
He holds a bachelors degree in Information Technology from Makerere University and has previously done a number of certifications which include
- Oracle Database Administration 10G
- Cisco Certified Network Administration
- VB.Net 2005
He has carried out successful I.T Projects at his previous places of work which include among others;
- Successful implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) at Phenix Logistics a project that took one and a half years to be completed. The ERP system was composed of eight modules and these include Sales and Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Production, Systems Administration, Production Planning, Purchase and Inventory.
- Implementation of a wireless local area network at Panorama Technical Services
- Implementation of internet access through a 128kbs leased line and later upgraded to 256 kbps through UTL at panorama Technical Services.
- Daniel Kaheru – Operations Manager
Daniel Kaheru holds a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from the University of Cape Town, South Africa. His areas of specialization include:
- Programming: Java, C++, MATLAB, Assembler level programming with SPIM
- Web Programming: XML and HTML
- Databases: Design and Development with SQL applications
- Proficiency in windows and Linux operating systems
- Computer Networks
Daniel has done a number of certifications in the I.T discipline and these include;
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administration
Daniel has previously worked in the I.T departments of some of the most reputable organizations in the country and these include Celtel currently known as Airtel and Uganda Telecom.
We strongly believe that Daniel brings on board the experience that is needed to drive results in any challenging environment.
1. Sales and Marketing of I.T Products
We stock a variety of computers and computer accessories and these include:
- Desktops, Workstations and laptops
- Printers – Inkjet, LaserJet and Dot Matrix
- Power Products – UPS, Stabilizers and Inverters
- Copiers and Fax Machines
- Networking Products – Switches, Cards and Trunkings
2. Repairs and Maintenance
Over the years, our experience and expertise in handling ICT facilities has positioned us as a referral center for ICT solutions
Inline with the changing dynamics in the ICT world, our team through continuous research on these innovations offers the relevant solutions to our clients.
We specialize in repair and servicing of desktop computers, laptops, printers and photocopiers
3. Network Solutions
Computer networks facilitate sharing of information and resources amongst computers. We take care of such technologies by offering the service of designing, installation, configuration and maintenance of any computer network according your environment.
Our team is made up of network engineers with experience in designing, installing, configuring and maintaining any computer modem both cabled and wireless.
4. Web Solutions
Are you in need of a website that is search engine friendly, 30 seconds average download time then don’t hesitate to consult our team of experienced web developers.
We offer the following services at pocket friendly rates
- Website Designing and Maintenance
- Website Hosting
- Email server management
5. Software solutions and services
Based on our experience and expertise in ICT applications we support various software on the market that range from Database Applications, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application to Anti-Virus software.
We also do offer database consultancy services (T-SQL and Oracle Platforms) and security solutions to our clients on a day to day basis depending on the client demands.
Telemedicine is the application of electronics and telecommunication technology for medical information exchange form one site to another.
Due to our desire to stay on top of the market in respect to technology trends we have partnered with companies in Europe to supply PC-Based Ultra Sound Scanners in East and Central Africa. This technology is the first of its kind in the region.
The figure below shows an example of a PC – Based Ultra Sound Scanner
In the figure above you will notice that the transducer probe is attached to the laptop in this way the echo blaster image will be displayed on the laptop.
Echo blaster is new line in the family of beam formers which can be connected to any modern personal computer via USB 2.0 interface.
Advantages of the Echo Blaster Technology include
- Extended measurement package includes cardiology, urology, Ob/Gyn and special veterinary calculation.
- Movie clips as long as 2 minutes can be recorded and stored in the files
- New wide bandwidth transducers for any application
- Speckle reduction structure improvement pure view
- Possibility to work with 3D view and Pano view plug-in modules adds new diagnostic view
- Ready-To-Telemedicine concept allow remote diagnostic
- Multi-line technology for scanning without “black dots” artifacts provides noticeable improvement of image quality
- The price is attractive as well
Echo Blaster Ext-1T Photos
Echo Blaster Ultra Sound Images
Ultra Sound Imaging
- Ultra sound image size automatically adjustable to screen resolution
- Gray scale: 256
- Full motion and full size real-time ultra sound imaging, up to 120 fps (depends on selected scan depth, scan angle, focus mode, high line density setting, computer speed)
- Cineloop recording/play: several thousands frames (depends on computer memory, size and scan mode)
- Zoom mode: from 60%-600% in all modes (scan, freeze, B, B+B, 4B, M-Zoom, cineloop etc)
- Viewing area variable from frame rate maximizing: 6 steps
- Thumbnail mode: up to 32 images
- “FREEZE” mode
The echo blaster technology is the first of its kind in the East Africa region and it has been awarded the frost and Sullivan award for innovations that have had a great impact on lives in Europe.
The teacher in the 21st century faces a challenge of having to update their knowledge in order to make appropriate use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
At Silver Shadow Technologies we are committed to bridging the digital divide that exist between the low developed countries and the more developed countries, this has motivated us to invest in research on how best e-learning can suitably fit in the Uganda education curriculum.
Types of E-learning
E-learning comes in many variations and often a combination of the following
- Purely Online - no face to face meetings
- Blended learning – Combination of online and face to face
- Instructor led group
- Self study with subject matter expert
- Web based
- Computer based (CD-ROM)
- Video/audio tape
E-learning has enormous benefits and these include:
- Courses are available on your own schedule
- Online learning does not require physical attendance
- Read materials online or download them for reading later
- Choose from a wide range of courses to meet your needs
- Skip over material you already know
We have partnered with Kificom computers an I.T firm that has registered remarkable success in Kenya with over 300 educational institutes on board with regards to e-learning.
The government of Uganda intends to equip every school age going child with an XO laptop by the year 2015 this initiative was launched in March 2010. The government intends to work collaboratively with One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) on this project this clearly shows the government willingness to try out new technologies on the market as well as advancing the E-learning agenda.
8. Management Information Systems
Technological advancements have facilitated economic growth in all sectors of the economy. Consequently, businesses have realized the need to re-engineer/improve their business processes to focus on fast, efficient and effective service delivery while minimizing total cost of operations.
We are currently deploying an Online Schools Management Information System in schools in the country.
Online School Management Information System (SMIS) is a web based information system developed for schools to assist the school management in their day to day activities.
With increased ICT awareness, increases bandwidth and internet access methods, our research has proven that the online strategy is more cost effective and manageable in the long run with a myriad of advantages such as online transactions, automated centralized backups, remote working and free unlimited upgrades as well as free remote online technical support among others.
The goal is to promote an end to end school management information system that leverages on emerging, secure, affordable, sustainable and reliable technologies at the same time grow the Mobile Fund Transfer product penetration to help schools optimize and minimize operational and managerial cost hence reducing vulnerabilities due to human or natural hazards e.g. theft, fire, riots and strikes among others.
SMIS has several modules which provide one common interface for the management of a school. These modules are cohesively implemented to provide a one stop solution for managing academic institutions.
These modules include:
- Students and Guardians Records
- Online Transaction engines
- Clubs and Societies
- Subjects and Subject Allocations
- Staff members
- Integrated System security and Audit trails
Screen Shots of the School Management Information System
Our clients range from academic institutes, NGO’s, financial institutions to mention but a few.
Some of our clients include
- Rutel Communication
- Capricorn Agencies
- Terrain Consult
- Mother Majeri Primary School
- Sun Financial Services
- Phenix Logistics
- Cell+ Solutions
- Amber Technologies
- Roseve Primary School
- Mega Enterprises
Some of the successful ICT project Silver Shadow Technologies has carried out include:
- Implementation of the Online School Management Information System at Roseve Primary School in Kapsabet. The SMIS system integrates all fundamental functions of Roseve Primary School like the payroll, student reports, fee collection, Examinations, and students profiles among others to an online environment where they can easily be accesses any where at any time. This Online SMIS system is a secure platform with high security features like Audit trails and password encryption in this way no intruder can gain access to the system without permission from the systems administrator.
- Implementation of E-learning at Little lambs primary schools, Bridges primary school and more pilot schemes in other primary schools after the acquisition of the Msingi Pack from the Kenya Institute of Education (K.I.E).We are equipping teachers with computing fundamentals that necessitate a teacher having computer knowledge so as to conduct lessons using computing gadgets. This initiative has led us into availing schools with digital content, educative animations, informative power point slides and the Msingi Pack.
- Deployment of a telemedicine facility at Hoima Islamic Hospital after equipping them with a PC-Based Echo Blaster Ultra sound scanner. Medical Information from this facility like scans can easily be shared online, this has enabled medical information exchange from the Hospital with its partner hospitals. This service enables medical specialists to share information and access a wide range of specialist services without necessitating physical presence of a physician.
- Setting up of the company intranet at Sun Financial services. This project involved setting up a Local Area Network (LAN) and integrating the company’s financial systems to ensure that they are accessible from all access pots at the company premises.
- Manage IT System Backups and Business continuity plans for DFCU Bank. Ensure there documented procedures for routine administration tasks e.g. End of Day/Month checklist, Disaster recovery plans, Systems recovery and support
- Manage data, voice and power networks infrastructure (Routers, Switches, Cabling, PBX, UPS etc.) and all network identities and addresses according to correct standards and procedures for Bank of Baroda.
It is important to note that in addition to the above mentioned projects we carry out day top day IT services like hardware maintenance and repairs, software installations, automated system back ups, disaster recovery, systems security.
We are a fully fledged I.T solutions provider with a fast growing customer base.
We posses a strong asset and financial base that can fully facilitate and enable us to undertake any I.T venture that we might find viable and worthy of our contribution.
We see ourselves as the leading I.T solutions provider in the East African region within the next 15 years. With the formation of the East African Community we expect to open offices in Nairobi early next year and Dar-Es-Salaam will follow there after
We look forward to forming a mutually rewarding relationship with you.