- Administrator - A user that has the ability to modify existing files and relationships and other user privileges.
- Content Submitter - A user that has the ability to create, upload, and modify content.
- CRUD - Create, read, update, and delete.
- Django - Development framework for Python.
- End User - Owner of a OLPC laptop.
- Media - Any audio, video, photo, or text content.
- OLPC -
- One Laptop Per Child, referring to the project started to create $100 laptops for children in third-world countries.
- OnLine Processing of Content, referring to the project started to collect and organize information for the One Laptop Per Child Project's end users.
- OpenID - A system that allows users to create an online identity and use it anywhere OpenID is supported.
- PostgreSQL - An open source SQL database implementation.
- Python - Cross-platform object-oriented scripting language.
- Sara - OnLine Processing of Content Project's codename.
- Tag - Descriptor for a piece of media.
- Translators - A user that translates existing content into different languages.