- This is an on-going translation
- 공식 번역문이 아니므로 (No Official translation), 번역이 매끄럽지 않은 부분은 원문을 참조하거나, 기타 추가적으로 번역이 요구되는 부분은 주저 없이 discussion page에 메시지를 남겨주세요.
- It's partial and NOT official translation. Refer to Original for precise content. If anyone wants more translation, just leave a message on the discussion page.
이 페이지는 데모 안내와 B1과 B2 노트북의 버그와 수정을 다룹니다.
Please note that this is a Beta unit with an Alpha software load. There are bugs that are currently being worked on and not all components are operational, e.g., some keys do not work. We will do our best to document these and get them fixed in a timely manner.
- The touch pad is sensitive and can be hard to maneuver until you get used to it. (It needs tuning.)
- When you click on an icon, please click only ONCE or the application will load many times. Sometimes applications are slow to load. BE PATIENT.
- Static is an issue with these units, please use static guard around demo areas to reduce static from carpet.
- We have yet to implement power management, so keep the machine plugged in as much as possible.
More detail is available online at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/BTest_Software_Notes.
Position the handle away from you and lift both antennae up and toward you until the laptop clicks open. Lift the screen up from the keyboard; you may have to hold the keyboard down as you lift up on the display.
The Power Button is located in the bottom right-hand corner of the bezel surrounding the screen. Note that it takes approximately two minutes for the machine to boot. However, the green power LED should come on immediately. If, for some reason, you do not see text appear on the screen within 15 seconds, or if the machine does not power on at all, please see the #Bugs and or Known Issues Section at the end of this document. (Note that sometimes the power button gets caught under the bezel.)
There is no longer a shut down mode, just power the device off by using the power button when you want to turn it off.
Bring up the Frame onto the screen by pushing the key (an “empty rectangle” on it) on the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard or by moving the cursor to any corner of the screen (aka 'Hot Corners').
상단 좌측 아이콘(장소)
- Circle with 8 dots: This icon shows you the entire Neighborhood. Brings up all users available on the mesh network;
- Circle with 3 dots: This icon takes you to your Friends/Groups view. Shows all users on mesh network that you have identified as friends;
- Circle with 1 dot: This icon takes you to your Home screen;
- Circle with rectangle: This icon takes you back to the Activity you were working on.
상단 우측 아이콘 (상태)
Update: On Build 303+ only the bulletin-board icon is in the upper-right of the frame.
하단 좌측 아이콘 (액션)
Different builds have different collections of activities. You should see something along the lines of the following:
- Globe: This icon starts the web browser;
- Shooting Star: This icon starts the Etoys activity;
- Speaking Bubble: This icon starts the chat activity;
- Abstract A: This icon starts the text editor;
- Penguin in front of the TV: This icon starts the RSS-feed reader;
- 3×3 Matrix: This icon starts the Memosono game;
- Eye: This icon starts the camera;
- Drum: This icon start the Tam Tam activity.
Other activities include BlockParty, an ebook reader, a slideshow viewer...
The center part of the touchpad can be used as a pointing device. The entire surface can be used with a stylus.
Patience is very important: the user interface does not yet tell you that it is busy starting activities, and we have just begun performance work. You are using alpha test software.
- Web Browsing
- Memosono Game
- Tam Tam
- Dual resolution monitor
- eBook and Camera
After you turn on the laptop you will come directly to the Home screen.
As many demos use the network (browser, RSS feed, mesh demos), before you begin, the laptop should be associated with a network. The laptop should be able to access any wireless networks in the area.
Click on the network icon (five bars on the upper-right of the Frame). A list of available wireless networks will show up in a drop down menu.
If you cannot see any networks, it may be because the embedded control did not properly initialize the USB ports (the network controller is a USB device)—you will need to reboot.
You can have multiple activities running at once—moving between them by returning to the Home view (key with one dot—) and then clicking on an activity that you'd like to go to.
To exit an activity, click on the Frame key to bring up the Frame.
Put the cursor over the activity icon at the top center of the frame and click on the X with the circle around it.
1. 웹 브라우징
To launch the web browser, click the "globe" icon at the bottom-left-hand corner of the Frame; place the cursor over the icon and click the left button below the touch pad ONCE.
Type search terms into the Google search field or type URL in bar at the top of the screen.
From the frame, click the shooting-star icon , ONCE. The Etoys activity will load and show a launch screen:
- yellow "demo": shows a "welcome demo" that will run in a loop. You can exit the demo by clicking "PREV" in the orange "Navigator" bar at the bottom left.
- orange "tutorial game": a nice tutorial to learn about Etoys "handles".
- violet "new project": start creating your own projects. Journal integration is still missing, but you can save your work to the MyEtoys folder by pressing "PUBLISH" in the orange navbar. There is extensive documentation on Etoys in the wiki (start here) and at squeakland.org.
- green "project gallery": Load example science and fun projects
- blue "load project": find a project on disk.
3. 메모소노 게임
This is a memory game for two players. Winner matches the most images and completes his/her ice-cream cone on the right-hand side.
From the Frame, click on the icon that looks like a 3×3 matrix—.
Play game by giving each player a turn to click on pairs of blocks to reveal images with corresponding sounds. The object of the game is to make as many matches as possible.
From the Frame, click on the drum icon—.
5. 듀얼 해상도 디스플레이
These are instructions for demonstrating both the color and the black-and-white modes of the display from any activity. In black-and-white mode, with the backlight off, the screen is high resolution and viewable in sunlight; it is the most energy-efficient setting.
On the top row of the keyboard is a long button with different-sized solid circles.
6. 핸드핼드 (또는 eBook) 모드와 카메라 모드
When in this mode, keyboard and touchpad are covered, so only game controller buttons (which can be used for scrolling), camera, and microphone work.
The camera can be used in ebook mode, but needs to be turned on in laptop mode: from the Frame, click on the eye icon—. Turn off the Frame and then put the laptop into ebook mode.
Prerequisite--sign onto Wireless network—preferably an open network that requires no authentication.
- Go to network view. (—Circle with 8 dots: This icon shows you the entire Neighborhood. Brings up all users available on the mesh network;)
- Add other XO icons as friends by selecting them.
- Open Chat application by clicking on balloon icon—.
- Return to network view
- You should see the XO characters as well as the chat activity
- Click on the chat activity
- Wait a minute
- Start chatting.
This is a tetris-like game
This is an activity to make drawings and paintings.
12. 뉴스 리더
This is a simple calculator, it can sum, subtract, divide and multiply.
어떤 프로그램이 동작 중인지 확인하는 법
Turn on the Frame and click the circle with one dot in it at the top left hand corner of the frame or push that same button on the top row of the keys on the keyboard.
— Buttons from Left to Right: Neighborhood, Friends/Groups, Home, Back to Activity
Buttons from Left to Right: Neighborhood, Friends, Home, Back to Activity
Home screen will come up, but this time, icons that represent the programs running will appear in a circle around the XO logo. This is called the activity ring. When the ring is full you will not be able to start any more activities.
Click the icon to access that activity.
버그와 알려진 이슈들
1. 작동하지 않는 키들
— Tecla de control de cámara/micrófono
— Teclas de 'agarrado' (grab) en ambos lados de la barra espaciadora.
((Image:Key_camera_mic.jpg)) — Camera/microphone toggle key
2. 켜지지 않는 노트북
You must unplug the laptop and remove the battery.
Turn the XO over and move the button on the right side to the right. This will unlock the battery.
3. 터치패드와 키보드 잠금
This most likely caused by static. Try the "four-finger salute": depress the four keys in the four corners of the keyboard (Fn, Esc, Frame, and Right Arrow). If this does not help, follow the instructions for restarting the laptop by removing the battery.
4. 프레임에 아이콘이 나타나지 않아 활동을 중단할 수 없어요
Try restarting Sugar by typing Ctrl-Alt-Erase. It should take about 30 seconds for Sugar to restart. If that fails, then try power-cycling the machine by pushing the power button. If all else fails, unplug the machine and remove the battery. Wait 30 seconds and then reinsert the battery, plug it back in, and power on.