Educational content ideas/lang-ko
OLPC는 컨텐트 리포지토리를 컴파일하고 있습니다--즉, OLPC 랩톱 이용자에게 가용한 소프트웨어, 텍스트, 및 기타 자료들의 컬렉션입니다.
(자체 토픽을 가지는 이북을 제외한) 리포지토리에 포함될 자료에 대한 아이디어와 제안을 이 페이지에 적어 주십시오.
- OLPC 팀의 리뷰를 희망할 경우, OLPC와 귀하의 컨텐트 공유하기를 참조해 주세요.
- 이 프로젝트에 공헌하고 싶은 교육 액티비티에 대한 아이디어가 있다면, 교육 액티비티 아이디어에 참조해 주세요.
- 귀하가 가진 기존의 레슨 플랜이나 커리큘럼을 공헌하고 싶다면, 교육 네트워크를 참조해 주세요.
컨텐트 리포지토리 아이디어
이 페이지에 이미 제출된 아이디어들을 충분히 읽고, 귀하의 공헌이 명료하고 적절한 지 확인해 주십시오. 특히, 귀하가 구성주의를 이해할 필요가 있는데, 이 리포지토리에 포함된 컨텐트들은 어떤 방식으로든 구성주의와 연관이 있기 때문입니다.
- 포함되어야 할 자료에 관한 아이디어가 있으면, 유형에 따른 컨텐트 리스트에 추가해 주세요.
- 특정한 주제에 관련된 자료 아이디어는 주제별 컨텐트 리스트에 추가해 주세요.
- 귀하의 아이디어를 담을 적절한 섹션이 없으면, 새로운 섹션 (또는 서브페이지)를 시작하세요.
유형별 컨텐트 리스트
See also 특별한 교육
- See the 커리큘럼 subpage to add ideas
- See the 데이터 세트 subpage to add ideas
- Photographs of the world
- Images of people
- Other works of art
- Sketches, diagrams, blueprints
See also music
- Recordings from the world
- Composed music
- Video from the world
- Video of performances
mediasmart.de은 독일의 한 재단으로, 어린이들의 미디어와 광고 이해를 돕습니다. 그들은 교사, 부모, 및 어린이들을 위한 자료를 제공하며, 현재로는 독일어만 가용합니다.
- http://www.wiktionary.org Wikimedia Foundation이 지원하는 자유 사전 프로젝트.
- http://omegawiki.org A take at a second-generation wiktionary. OLPC 어린이 사전 컬렉션 참조
- Atlases and Maps (Afriterra, et al.)
- New encyclopedias and Almanacs
- http://www.wikipedia.org A free dictionary project sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- See the reference works subpage to add ideas
리포지토리, 크리어링 하우스, 아키브
- Knowledgeforge - and its supporting technical project @ the o.k. foundation
- Educational materials portal, Ron's Buchanan hyperlink treasury
워크북, 매뉴얼, 일러스터레이션, 그래프, 차트, 다이어그램, 맵 등을 포함한 자료입니다.
- http://www.wikiversity.org - Free online educational processes and materials.
- http://www.wikipedia.org - A free online encyclopedia. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- http://www.wiktionary.org - A free online dictionary. Sponsored by the Wikimedia Foundation.
- http://www.wikibooks.org - Free online textbooks.
- See the texts subpage to add ideas
There are children in this world who have just a computer to communicate. The challenged children. Maybe they will give you some insight into learning and interacting with a computer. This is a Dutch web site Kiki wants to talk. Its made by her dad, you can translate it with 'babel fish.' --Niels L 15:42, 31 August 2006 (EDT)
I am a speech-language pathologist who specializes in computer-augmented communication (augmentative and alternative communication or AAC). The OLPC laptop would make a very good communication aid for people with disabilities given the right software. There is a tremendous opportunity here for disabled students who might not otherwise have had a chance to participate in education before. Gobo Fraggle 19:25, 12 December 2006 (EST) edited, 22:40, 27 December 2006 (EST)
Reactive Colours provides an engaging, accessible computer environment for spontaneous imaginative play and learning, in which even the most anxious autistic individuals may relax and communicate. Our software can also have a major role to play in the stimulation of language use and the development of early ICT skills.
Our software can freely accessed via our website  or could be made available for installation on the OLPC.
Development and release will be through a creative commons licence.
주제별 컨텐트 리스트
컴퓨터 기술과 히스토리
Ask museums to provide content. In particular, places like The Computer History Museum might be encouraged to provide both virtual museum content and usable simulations of old computers. Thus games could be included in a form which invites the players to revise the game and thus understand how it was made to work at all. This could have benefits beyond OLPC students.
Nitpicker 17:37, 16 October 2006 (EDT)
- 언어 배우기 서브페이지에 아이디어를 추가해 주세요
- 문학 서브페이지에 아이디어를 추가해 주세요
Memorization and Regurgitation Support
At first glance this seems to be counter to constructionist principles but it doesn't have to be that way. Many of the cultures in which the OLPC will be deployed, have strong traditions of rote memorisation and regurgitation of material. Examples are the Chinese with their alphabet of thousands of characters that represent whole words, Islamic countries with memorisation of the Quran, and various African countries in which oral culture is still treasured. Many of the great literary works of western culture such as the Illiad, Kalevala and Rig Veda, began as memorized and regurgitated texts.
There is an old Arab saying There are two doors to learning, memorization and understanding. Unless one has entered the first door, they can not pass through the second.
The XML could have embedded support for voice output of the text. Sometimes a voice output driver needs hints to get the correct pronunciation of certain words; this would be hidden in the XML and used by the voice reader. In voice output, it does not make sense to speak partial words and often not even single words. Therefore, the XML would indicate phrase and sentence boundaries for a speech selection tool. And finally, the Quran is filled with stories and parables that are meant to teach children how to live a good life.
Phrases in the Quran text could be highlighted to indicate that they are links to other content. This content could simply be an exposition of a parable or it could be another application. For example, the phrase Allah will deprive usury of all blessing, but will give increase for deeds of charity could be a link to an application about Islamic banking principles and investment, calculating risk, accounting principles, etc. In this way, the Quran text leads to education in mathematics.
Health and hygiene information should be provided and localized. Important content includes:
- Preventative Hygiene (i.e., hand washing, sneezing on elbows, cleaning cuts and scrapes, importance of clean water, how diseases spread and how to stop their spread).
- WaterLeaders Foundation video on safe water generation: "Safe Drinking Water is Essential." WaterLeaders is actively engaged in field-level safe water projects, but has found more impact through educational and awareness activities surrounding the issues and available solutions to combat the world water crisis. To these ends, we have provided a grant to the National Academies of Science to create a web-based and DVD-based virtual exhibit titled "Safe Drinking Water Is Essential." It provides a wonderful overview of drinking water issues focused on the source, treatment and distribution and highlights available solutions now. Furthermore, we will be producing it in English, Spanish, French, Arabic and Mandarin and it will be ready to go later this summer. Since we have partnered with the NAS, the final product has really turned out to be a purely educational initiative, not your typical NGO-promotional piece. So I believe it fits in the OLPC philosophy, mission and objectives. Robert Steiner, Executive Director.
- For example, see "First Aid for Children Fast", Johns Hopkins Children's Center. ISBN 0789489600
- Availability of Doctors
- When to see a doctor; when you can treat yourself.
- Treatments that don't need a doctor. See "Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Healthcare Handbook", Werner, Thuman, and Maxwell. ISBN 0942364155
- Sexual health information & HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Collaboration with international AIDS organizations is recommended for material targeted at older children. Possible partners include the Nkosi Johnson AIDS Foundation in South Africa.
- The program 'the World starts with me' is a complete digital curriculum on sexual health and hiv/aids prevention. It was developed for Uganda and is currently being adapted for other countries. see: http://www.butterfly-works.org
- Links to authoritative healthcare information.
How-to Construct/Fabricate/Repair Documents
- See the How-tos page for more ideas
At the least, include information about the laptop itself and how to repair it... so that when one truly goes south, someone else with a laptop can help.
Immersive Microworlds -- Etoys
최대한 많은 아이템들을 스퀵랜드 이토이 라이브러리에 추가해 주세요. 대부분의 이토이는 크기가 작으며, 하나의 SqueakPlugin.image 파일에 저장됩니다.
Content in Spanish
- Wikipedia in CD A proposal, where some Wikipedia users are studying how they can create a Wikipedia CD. - it's possible using the static wikipedia + images - see http://static.wikipedia.org/ and http://download.wikimedia.org/ for further details
- Content from Wikichicos Proposal where users write specifical content for children.
Though these projects do not offer significant content yet, if olpc shows interest and need, surely many Wikipedia users will participate. --Javier Carro 18:20, 19 April 2006 (EDT)
I hope that the "SOCIAL SCIENCES" are not forgotten, as I request frequently at Science Exhibits: Where are the social sciences exhibits?... I usually get the "...uh?" answer, and I tell them, "yes, the history exhibits, with the history of housing, transportation, communications, labor, etc."
Since the fight against poverty is a motivation for OLPC, some readings about poverty, development, international relationships should be offered to discussion.
An example of easy glossary of economic terms, among which "Poverty", is provided here: http://www.economicswebinstitute.org/concepts.htm A lot of freely downloadble datasets about most countries in the world is connected here: http://www.economicswebinstitute.org/ecdata.htm As soon as OLPC takes off, a special edition of this site, targeted to young people, could be developed.
Medical and public safety/health documents
Information on medicine and public safety is not always available where these laptops are going. Many governments (including the U.S. through NIH) have medical / public health / public safety information that could save lives if provided on the laptop, and at least those could be freely included.
OLPC는 아마추어 천문학 학습에 있어 최고의 도구입니다.
대학에 컨텐트 제공을 요청하세요. 좋은 온라인 물리학 학습의 예는:
새로운 제안 (not yet sorted)
기타 컨텐트 아이디어
연대를 구축하고, 필요한 것을 설명하는 것
도울 의사가 있는 NGO들과 노트북 사용자들 간의 연결 고리를 만드는 것도 좋습니다. NGO들에게 그들 자신과 서비스를 설명할 특정한 장소를 제공함으로써, 노트북 사용자들이 서로 연결될 수 있는 고리를 추가할 수 있습니다.
This laptop will not have a CD Rom drive. USB will be medium of transport - if no internet connection is available.
Let's not forget that a wide variety of USB peripherals are available and supported by Linux ranging from CD-ROMs and memory-sticks to video cards and soundcards.
Even though the laptop will not have a CD-ROM drive integrated, it is not a far stretch to assume that CD-ROM drives will be readily available. Even in a dirt poor remote agricultural village in Southeast Asia, it is perfectly feasible for a circulating library to travel from village to village on a motorbike with 2 USB CD-ROM drives and a big stack of CD-ROMs containing content. In fact, such a circulating library can also act as an email network by collecting and delivering emails using store-and-foreward techniques. This is not just imagination. There is at least one instance of an email network relying on motorcycles carrying the messages from location to location.
It is worthwhile to do some research in the FidoNET BBS technology which is still in use in the 3rd world to do store and foreward messaging where Internet access is unavailable.
The laptop's unusually high resolution display makes it unusually good for free-view (parallel or cross-eye) stereograms. It requires some practice to pick up the skill. Currently used mostly in journals for protein illustrations, and historically for stereo photographs. But at 200dpi, and young eyes (tiny fonts), one could experiment with a 3D interface. --MitchellNCharity 14:22, 12 January 2007 (EST)
Wow, I've never seen that!
If you have never seen snow, a short video clip of snow falling in the woods could have a high "wow" factor. The kind of thing kids watch again and again and again. Similarly for ocean, mountain, desert, farm, rainforest, savanna, metropolis, cow, whale, raptor, etc, etc. TV and movies take some of the edge off, and you can surf... but consider an example. Say I want a "cow" moment. Just as if I walked up to one. I want a cow face in front of mine, with a ear twitch, blink, and swipe of a big wet nose with a long flexible tongue. What I don't want is fifteen minutes of wading through the internet, google, youtube, etc, trying (unsuccessfully) to find something similar. I want someone to have already groveled around and collected wonderful breathtaking clips. Volunteers? MitchellNCharity 18:44, 1 May 2007 (EDT) (further thoughts on my user page)