You have to log in to edit pages.
Spoken=French (fr) The official language of the Gabon is French. La loi reconnaît quatre langues nationales : lingala, swahili, kikongo et tshiluba.|
Spoken2=lingala, swahili, kikongo et tshiluba}}
[[Image:Prof.jpg|frame|180px|left|Libreville 2008, a student teaching to her teacher how to use the Chat Activity]]
== Bienvenue-Welcome ==
... and thanks for visiting the pages for OLPC related matters in Gabon. This website is a collaborative website in which you can create a login and then edit and add the pages. This tool is made available by the One Laptop Per Child not for profit. OLPC is the One Laptop Per Child '''Universal Primary Education project''' and largest educational project undertaken by Humanity ever. Supported by United Nations, OLPC is '''an "[[Open Commmunity" project]]''', similar to the [[Wikipedia]] and [[Open Source]] Community projects, like [[Linux]], [[OpenOffice]], etc. and it is working along [[Agenda 21]] and [[Millennium Development Goal]] nr.2: Bringing Universal Primary Education. To edit text on this page or add pages, log in and and "edit page / save page" button will appear.
* 2' video - [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-M77C2ejTw&NR=1 OLPC Intro part 1]
* 2' video - [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeX2D4AOjM&feature=related OLPC Intro part 2]
* 7' video: [http://on.aol.com/video/the-success-of-the-one-laptop-per-child-organization-297293043 Impact on teachers, parents, kids, society.]
The aim of this educational project is on one hand to bring Universal Primary Education by 2015 as - anno year 2000 initiated - '''United Nations [[Millennium Development Goal]] nr.2'''. On the other hand, OLPC's mission is to manage the open hard and software project, to bring forward the best possible laptop combination for education: the [[XO-XServer combination]]. For this and above approach, - and also a lot of lobbying by the right persons on the right places and time - '''the United Nations is a Partner in this Open Community project'''! It is the largest educational project undertaken by Humanity ever, and deemed by many as one of the most inspiring projects out there. Things are moving very fast indeed: 2008 saw the first 3 countries with full coverage, i.e. with all kids age 5 to 12 equipped with these smallest schools in a box-laptops and [[Australia]] is now following at fast pace too, over 86.000 [[eBooks]] available, all education disciplines covered, etc. etc..
Beaucoup d'inhabitants cherchent fortune ailleurs. Gabon therefore has a very very large diaspora. We hope that this diaspora will work their way to these pages, set-up, link-up their projects with OLPC, coordinate projects and that they can inspire many in their host countries to come along. It is so difficult in these host countries to develop additional value and hence make money. In many regions in the home country however it is so easy as everything is to be developed.
Also the societies from the host countries will benefit from the Gabon diaspora who has one leg in the host country and another still in their countries of origin. Maybe it will start by developing leadership for OLPC, but soon it will be accompanied by exporting technologies, know-how and experience from the host countries along Agenda 21, the MDG's and together you will be able to accelerate bringing the level of quality of life in Gabon to a level that will inspire others, existing generations and generations to come.
Gabon is not a Least Developing Country as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_developed_country on the contrary.
Please feel free to create links, (sub-)categories or list or start collaborating, teaming up and expanding our and your projects, existing and new ones in one of these (sub-)categories.
[[Image:Ensb3.jpg|frame|180px|The community of learners]]
[[Image:Ensb4.jpg|frame|180px|Internet a world of discovery]]
== About Gabon ==
C'est par tout ces postings sur facebook que j'ai finalement commencé a étudier le Gabon. Mes ressources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabon
C'est tragique. Si je comprends bien le Gabon a tout pour être un ciel sur terre:
- Gabon's oil revenues and extraction of abundant primary materials - Natural resources include: petroleum, magnesium, iron, gold, uranium, and forests - have given it a strong per capita GDP of $8,600, extremely high for the region. However the income distribution is skewed and social indicators show poor values. The richest 20% of the population receive over 90% of the income while about a third of the Gabonese population lives in poverty.
- Gabon has a population that is estimated at 1,545,255.
- Low population density, abundant petroleum, and foreign private investment[ambiguous] have helped make Gabon one of the most prosperous countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, with the highest HDI and the third highest GDP per capita (PPP) (after Equatorial Guinea and Botswana) in the region.
==Who is who in Gabon==
# [[OLPCorps Laval University Gabon]]
# [[ALEARN Network/Gabon]]
'''Suggested Links and [[categories]]'''
#[[Gabon Looking Backward to what has been done]]
#[[OLPC Gabon Looking Backward to what has been done]]
#[[Brainstorming how to get the Gabon Gvt interested in OLPC]]
#[[What every government should ask itself when considering an ebook deployment]]
#[[Stages and Budget]]
#[[Gabon Stages and Budget]]
#[[Gabon Budget for Phase II, Data Retrieval Phase]]
#[[Who's Who OLPC-Gabon]]
## [[OBJECTIF BROUSSE Ecoles OLPC]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page