Game Jam Boston June 2007/Sponsors
The Game Jam could not run without the generous support of the following individuals, companies, and organizations.
- Cognitoy - student scholarship
- One Laptop Per Child - development environment and infrastructure
- Olin College - location & logistics
- AK Peters is donating three copies of Game Design: From Blue Sky to Green Light by Deborah Todd as prizes for the Jam.
- Dunkin Donuts - for coffee and donuts both mornings of the Jam
- Panera - for donating leftover bread for sandwiches and pastries for snacking
- Peets - for donating plenty of great coffee
- Starbucks - for coffee and pastries
- Finagle A Bagel - for a fantastic sandwich platter discount
- You could be on this list - and on the front of our webpage and at our event! Read below for details.
 We need your help! (outdated)
There are still a few things we need to get the Jam to run - can you help? You can see the current budget here.
- Publicity - Are you a journalist or blogger? Do you know any? We're hoping to get wide coverage of this groundbreaking event; help us spread the word!
- Food and beverages - We're looking for food and snacks to feed 100 hungry programmers, artists, designers, educators, and more - dinner on Friday night and snacks and beverages throughout the weekend.
- T-shirts and stickers - We'd like to print shirts for the the participants to wear and stickers for their laptops to wear. They need to be designed, printed, and shipped to Boston for distribution.
- Computers - Most developers will be bringing their own laptops, but sometimes you need a desktop for that extra oomph of power. If you know where we can borrow desktop computers in the Boston area for the weekend, please let us know; we'll pick-up and drop-off the computers safe and sound.
- Prizes - We have XO Laptops and free tickets to next year's Game Developer's Conference for the grand prize team, but need prizes for the winners of each of the four tracks. If you have something you'd like to donate, please let us know.
- Development - If you're a programmer or game developer, take a look at the OLPC Game Development Wiki. The better we can make the game development system before the Jam, the cooler the games participants at the Jam will be able to make; join the OLPC Games Mailing List and ask how you can contribute.
- Donations - The OLPC Game Jam is made possible by the generous financial support of individuals, companies, and organizations such as you and yours. Whether it's $20, $200, or $2,000, every little bit helps; we need approximately $10k to run the entire Jam with volunteer labor and provide scholarships to developers who otherwise wouldn't be able to make it to Boston. An online donation link will be set up here soon; in the meantime you can mail your checks to the OLPC Foundation, One Cambridge Center, Cambridge Massachusetts, 02142 - write "Game Jam" in the notes field.
If you can help, please contact us at olpcgamejam[at]hackronym.com. We'll work with you to coordinate publicity for your company or organization in conjunction with the event, which will include some of the top game professional game developers from across the country. Sponsor a meal, a development track, 10 developer scholarships, and more! If you want to lend a hand, contact us and we'll find creative ways to include you.