If you're interested in Health-related projects, add your name (link to contact info if possible) to this list and note your interests so other people can contact you and find out what you're doing.
- Erica Frank - health selection - working with her team at HSO to curate links from a variety of sites. Also working to get laptops [OLPC and other] into clinics and their staff. efrank | at | emory dot edu
- Anna - contributions from students and faculty at various colleges; postering; Hesperian contact
- Arjun Sarwal - health projects and peripherals; measure
- Josh Hehner - Director of Community Medicine Programs, Para el Mundo (PaM)
- Mika - helping the health content project
- Adesina Iluyemi- OLPC for Community Health Workers in Developing Countries (Africa)
- OLPC has designated Health advisers to help the Health Project.
Creation and Curation
- Beth Yakes
- Pascal Scheffers
- Maja Kuilman
- Adam Holt
- Prabhas Pokharel
- Gomes Aurelio
- Ed Montgomery - Health science teacher - (some French/Japanese ability) - feel free to contact for assistance with "OLPC" in the subject line*
- Chris Leonard, PhD - Developing ideas for animal health content.
- Nand Wadhwani
- Ian Daniher
- Rafael Ortiz
- Dr. Ram Dhurjaty (indirectly)
- Steven Burns
- Zdenek Broz
- The XTerm Medical Dictionary Contributors
- A. S. Ivan, M.D.
- Christoph Champ, MSc
- Y.A. Hamed M.D.
- Madalina Marin, D.D.S
- Sam Vaknin
- Paola Lira, MSc Agriculture, Eng Food Science and Vilma Coronado, Lic. Nutriologist.
- from Nutri Pro Salud (NGO) - Peru
- Public Health, Alimentary Security, HIV/AIDS/Tuberculosis, Third Grade Desnutrition
- English, French, Spanish and Peruvian Native Languages (Quechua, Aymara)
- contact at nutriprosalud.info
- Mel Chua - USB peripheral development (electrical engineer)
- Seth Woodworth - HealthJam organizer, content formatting
- Chris Paton - Health Informatics Lecturer in New Zealand
- paulswartz - software developer and EMT
|Individual Name||Background||Project Name||Contact||Additional Information|
|You name||Your background||The projects you're involved in, if you already have||Your contact information||anything else you want to say|
|Niels Olson||New Orleans med student graduating in 2009, learning python, US Navy officer 1998-2005, returning to active duty as a doc in 2009, BS Physics 1998||prototyped a simple electronic stethoscope, testing an XO with real kids :-)||Niels||Is there a listserv for this group?
Yes, http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/health Cjl 15:06, 10 May 2008 (EDT) got it, thanks! Niels 15:32, 10 May 2008 (EDT)
|Jennifer DeBoer||Mechanical Engineering (SB), Foreign Language (SB), International Education Policy (current doctoral student)||Working on designing a health education intervention (HIV/AIDS and infectious diseases/hygiene) to put on the laptops and conduct a randomized field test of its effectiveness in Mozambique.||email@example.com|
|Mika||Mph student||Health Content, Coordination of the firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Frederick Grose||Industrial Hygienist, Ergonomics Associate||Safe use of the XO and peripherals
OLPC Rochester, NY
|FGrose||Consider ways to foster an environment that is secure, safe, & healthy for all in the broadest sense.|