Like the Activity Grid, this is a grid of content bundles, asset libraries and other materials available for download to the laptop. Content bundles on this page should have been tested to some degree on a build, and should indicate which builds they work on. Click on the name of any bundle for detailed information.
If you have a content bundle that's ready for public consumption, please add it to the grid. If you're not sure about its readiness, you can add descriptions and links to the talk page.
- The content page has general information about contributing content.
- Content bundles has information about creating a content bundle.
- The current version of the OLPC Library is here
|Bundle Name||Subcategory||Description||Base||School Server||l10n||Download URL||Notes|
Books and Reference
|International Childrens Digital Library||picture books||-||Y||Y||Notes: index page in english. content in persian / farsi, english, spanish, croatian, portuguese. each item is a single language, and is stored in its own directory.||Icdl.xol|
|Wikipedia||reference||-||Y||Y||Notes: no top-level index page. content in english, spanish, portuguese, and simple english. each language (with customized index page) is stored in its own directory.||Wikipedia.xol||-|
|Literature||stories||-||Y||Y||Notes: single index page but in multiple languages. content in english, spanish, portuguese, german, italian, dutch, french. all files stored in top-level directory.||Literature.xol||-|
Math and Science
|Biology||biology||-||Y||Y||Notes: index page in english, content in english, content stored in top-level directory.||Biology.xol||-|
Images and Maps
|Photos||nature||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index in english. Content is language-neutral (all images). Content stored in top-level directory||Photos.xol||-|
|Atlas||atlas||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index in english. Content in english. Content stored in top-level directory||Atlas.xol||-|
|World Digital Library||historical||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index in english. Content in english. Content stored in directories according to genre (images, photos, treasures)||Wdl.xol||-|
Music and Video
|Audio & Video||media||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index in portuguese (?). Content in portuguese. Content stored in top-level directory.||Media.xol||-|
|Activities||games||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index in english. Content in english. Content stored in top-level directory.||Games.xol||-|
|How-tos||how-to||-||N||N||-||Needs to be pulled from wikihow: 70/300 articles.|
|Meta-activities||activities||-||N||N||-||Online repository of learning activities.|
|Links||search the web||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index page in english, with links to resources in many languages. No actual content.||Links.xol||-|
|Uniwiki||water & environment||-||Y||Y||Notes: Index page in spanish, with link to second index page in egnlish. Two versions of content, english and spanish. Both stored in top-level directory.||Uniwiki.xol||-|
Help figure out what these are, then put them in the grid.
- Update the browser mime-type list so it knows how to unpack and stow away content bundles
- Update the library main page to generate its navigation dynamically from its directory list
- Publicize this standard to people with game, audio, video, text, and other libraries; including activities that are registering mime-types with the browser and want to offer a way to browse their projects without launching them directly: for instance, Etoys should automatically produce a content bundle linking to its projects on the laptop build... perhaps with a section linking to other projects online.