Warning: You are not logged in.
Your IP address will be recorded in this page's edit history.
== Description and goals ==
The activity has three modes.
# Mode 1: "Disclaimer." Upon its first run, it shows only a message explaining that a child should read through this with parents
# Mode 2: "Comic book." This saves a state file indicating the message has been read, which enables the comic book reader functionality. When the comic book has been read all the way through, the saved state is updated, and the "License chooser" is enabled.
# Mode 3: "License chooser." You can see a graphical license choosing widget. This is intended as a mockup for a sugar control panel applet to choose a default license for journal items.
== Development status ==
I, Asheesh Laroia at Creative Commons, originally wrote the activity, but CC doesn't have a lot of time to maintain it right now. I'm happy to answer questions.
=== What works ===
The activity is already useful as a way to deliver a comic explaining what CC is.
=== What could use help ===
* I have no Trac component for these bugs yet.
** I emailed sysadmin at laptop.org to request one called license-activity. RT #23118.
* The license chooser at the end should be hooked up to the Sugar Control Panel and treated as a default license chooser.
** I should talk to Eben about this.
* The activity can be launched more than once; is this an issue?
** Raised on devel@.
** answer seems to be that I should let this happen.
* activity.info should have license metadata (gack)
* Store activity state so that "My favorite license" can be restored from Journal
* "Smaller images, there are almost 4Mb of png files eating into the precious XO storage space, I'm sure jpg would be more than good enough."
* "A leaner activity, there is a 3.5Mb 'built' directory in the bundle and digging down most of the is taken up by built/share/liblicense/licenses, could the license data be kept compressed and just unzipped when finally displayed, text compresses really well, and python has modules for working with compressed files."
== Features ==
== Activity info box ==
General Activity Info (for latest tested version)
To add another activity version that works with other builds click "add another"
Releases tested on:
This is a minor edit
Watch this page