Making XO sensors/Making a Thermistor
- a thermistor,
- todo: what typical resistance at 21C?
- As shown in the picture, tear the two ends of the wire apart and use a Stripper to strip the wire bare.
- Slide on the X (heat-compressible rubber tubing) onto both ends of the wire as shown. Only one side is shown in the picture, but follow the same process for the other wire.
- Next, use the soldering iron to connect the two ends of the wire to the sensor. This can be done by adding some solder to the two wires emerging from the thermistor and to the bare ends of the wire. Subsequently, join the two together as shown in the picture, and allow the solder to cool, solidify and thus connect.
- Next, slide the rubber tubing up the wire so that it completely covers the two contact points, and then use X (hot air) to compress the rubber tubing onto the wire.
Quick refresher of the different steps!
A finished sensor that can record changes in temperature!