Mesh Network FAQ/lang-ko
학교당 서버 수는?
How will the school servers in one school be connected, and how many users each are they expected to support?
- 학생 100명당 서버 1대 이하 입니다.
- The ratio of students to school servers is currently planned to be no more than 100:1. The interconnection between servers will be best possible: Cat3/5 or powerline is strongly recommended, with a fallback to wireless if necessary.
- 각 서버당 최소 2개 이상 (최고 5~6개)의 와이파이 엑세스 포인트 (마블 모듈)을 가집니다.
- Each server will support at least two WiFi access points (the Marvell modules), with up to five or six access points possible. The optimum deployment scenario probably provides two or three meshes per school (on channels 11, 1, and 6). Each server provides access points on two or more meshes (i.e. there are multiple servers/access points on each mesh.)
노트북이 메쉬 채널을 선택하는 방법은?
- 모든 채널을 살펴보고, RREQ과 RREP 패킷으로부터의 트래픽을 추정해야 합니다. 자세한 사항은 메쉬 네트워크 세부사항을 방문하세요.
- You have to spend some time on every channel and estimate how heavy the traffic is from the RREQ and RREP packets.
- This is tricky, as these packets are not sent to the host. One way to determine this indirectly is to examine the forwarding table: when RREQs are received, reverse routes are created. Alternatively, one could monitor the forwarding statistics of the mesh interface (ethtool -S msh0). These are all "passive" detection methods: will not work if all the hosts in the mesh are silent.
- Yet another alternative would be to run daemons attached to the mesh interface, such as http://www.cozybit.com/projects/lsmesh
- This is now answered by the Mesh Network Details
어느 한 채널이 다른 활성 메쉬 이용자를 가지고 있는 지 여부를 알려면?
- 아직 결정된 바가 없습니다.
- There are no beacons currently (although they are in the implementation plan) so you really have to listen for mesh traffic.
하나의 메쉬 채널이 지원할 수 있는 라디오의 수는?
How will a laptop decide to join another mesh channel if the current one gets too busy?
- Is there an answer ?
물리적으로 인접한 노트북들은 동일한 메쉬 채널을 이용하나요?
바로 곁에 있는 노트북을 메쉬 상에서 못볼 수 있나요? Is it possible that two children sitting next to one another are on different channels and therefore cannot "see" each other on the net?
- 스쿨 서버의 기능 중 하나가 서로 다른 채널을 이용하는 매쉬 구름들의 다리가 되는 것입니다.
- One of the roles of the School server will be to bridge between mesh clouds running on different channels. How do you decide what mesh (channel) to join was a previous question.
Does the mesh part of the firmware use the same encryption settings as the b interface? Do we care about making a 'private mesh' with WPA-PSK or WEP or something like that?
- Yes, the mesh uses the same encryption.
- Down the road, we care, and will probably use WPA-PSK.--Michalis
- I will argue that link layer encryption is the wrong place to protect secrets. If an application handles private or sensitive data, it should apply encryption at that time (e.g. HTTPS). My concern is the management overhead of the authentication server for WPA-PSK. The ability of devices other than XO laptops to join the school network will be supported. --Wad 00:21, 22 February 2007 (EST)
스쿨 서버 (네트워크 게이트웨이) 를 발견하는 방법은?
Will servers send out some sort of announcements to allow the laptops to find them automatically, or must we cache a DNS name or IP address for the server?
- They will act as gateways and respond to RREQs for a reserved anycast address.--Michalis
- This is two different questions. At the layer 2 networking level, the laptop is looking for a default gateway. This will be supplied by a mesh network configuration server running on all school servers, which responds to a request for a particular anycast address with its IP address. The laptop will then use DHCP to request an IP address, netmask, domain name servers, and default domain.
- At the services level, each laptop will be associated with a particular school server that contains a student's journal and backups, through a mechanism which is still being defined.--Wad