Monitoring System Load
Revision as of 03:48, 6 January 2011 by Patrol
- Resources are limited: the less load an activity needs, the better!
- Best time to start monitoring the system load is during development; it's easy!
- Pygame best-practices are shown Game development HOWTO here and discussed here
- Monitoring System Load
- Monitor a single process
- pw.py .. a tool originating from linuxuser.at
$ su # yum install htop
htop reacts on mouse-clicks - especially useful since the f-keys for the options are not working on the xo.
|Process view:||XO-friendly setup:|
- is a free and simple tool to monitor a single process with its cpu and memory load. Project page
- Installation (via xo-get):
xo-get install pw
pw process_id / name / part_of_name
1. 'pw fire' ... possibly capture firefox 2. 'pw 8285' ... watch process with pid 8285 3. 'pw pw.py' .. watch last pw.py
|Monitoring Firefox:||GTK Graph (mem=grey, cpu=white):|
Capturing the Journal:
Another Graph on the xo: