News 2008-01-12/lang-ja

From OLPC

Revision as of 00:33, 25 January 2008 by Jb (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Current revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

ラップトップ ニュース 2008-01-12

1. Mongolia is the first beneficiary of the Give One Get One program. Laptops have begun to arrive and a team from OLPC, including Carla Gomez Monroy, Jan Jungclaus, and Enkhmunkh Zurgaanjin are on the ground to help with the initial deployment. Dave Woodhouse will be heading to Ulan Bator to help with the School Server later this month.

1. G1G1 (ギブワン・ゲットワン・プログラム) で初の受益国はモンゴルでした。 ラップトップは次々と届き始め、Carla Gomez Monroy、Jan Jungclaus、Enkhmunkh Zurgannjin達をメンバーに含んだOLPCのチームが現地に派遣され初展開の手助けをしています。 今月下旬にDavid Woodhouseはスクール・サーバの手伝いをするためUlan Batorへ向かう予定です。

2. Las Vegas: Nicholas Negroponte gave the keynote at CES' new program entitled, “Technology and Emerging Countries: Advancing Development through Technology Investments.” He spoke about learning, constructionism, and the long history of thinking about thinking, drawing heavily on Seymour Papert's life work.

2. Las Vegas (ラスベガス): Nicholas NegroponteはCESで"TEchnology and Emerging Countries: Advancing Development through TEchnology Investments"と題するキーノート・スピーチをしました。彼はSeymour Papertのライフワークを基礎に学習、構成主義、そして、考慮に関しての考慮の歴史などの課題を取り上げました。

3. Cambridge: Walter also met with the X-Prize Foundation Founder and Chairman Peter Diamandis. They discussed two competitions that are in the planning stages: (1) development of a low-cost rural water/power/communications station; and (2) development of a high-impact global learning intervention. The incentive in both competitions is a US $10M prize. OLPC has offered to help define the goals and metrics for the prizes, as there is obvious synergy with our mission in both cases.

3. Cambrige (ケンブリッジ、マサチューセッツ州): WalterはX-Prize Foundationの創設者とチェアーマンでもあるPeter Diamandisと会い、提案されている二つのコンテスト: (1) low-cost rural water/power/communications station ();と (2) high-impact global learning intervention ()の開発などについて話し合いをしました。両コンテストは奨励金として$1000万の賞金があります。 両側のミッションははっきりとした共通点があるためOLPCはコンテストの目標と必要条件の設立に手助したいと申し出ました。

4. Las Vegas: Michail Bletsas delivered the keynote address at the 5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC); his talk was about the XO's networking architecture.

4. Las Vegas (ラスベガス): MIchail Bletsasは5th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC)でキーノート・スピーチをしました。演説はXOのネットワーク・アーキテクチャーに関する内容でした。

5. In the news: Two topics dominated the press coverage of OLPC this week: the Intel departure; and the Microsoft plans for the XO. The Intel departure, which ultimately boiled down to a lack of trust, as been discussed ad nauseum; Ivan Krstić blog provides a good overview of the Microsoft plans from the OLPC perspective (Please visit http://radian.org/notebook/paradox-of-choice).

5. In the news (): 今週OLPCに関するマスコミの記事では主に二つの課題:Intelの脱退とMicrosoftのXOに関する計画でした。 Intelの脱退は最終的にはすでにnauseumで討論された様に信用の欠如が原因です。Microsoftの計画についてはIvan KrstićのブログがOLPCの観点からその背景を説明しています (詳しくはこのリンクをご覧ください: http://radian.org/notebook/paradox-of-choice )。

6. Embedded controller: Richard Smith spent time working on the SCI mask corruption problem (Ticket #5467). This was a critical bug because the root cause was problems with the EC command implementation. Richard thinks he has finally bested the gremlins: The original implementation depended on interrupts that were being lost; as a result, the EC would at best fail to process the data correctly and at worst completely stop processing commands. The solution in this case is to eliminate these interrupts altogether, as they are unnecessary. Richard implemented a polling scheme instead; the code is passing all his tests and is faster even in its currently unoptimized state. Faster is good because the host issues lots of EC commands on the way into and out of suspend, where every millisecond is critical. Richard is asking that anyone interested in helping us test his solution to upgrade to a firmware release Q2D08A (or higher).

6. Embedded controller (組込コントローラ): Richard SmithはSCI mask corruption problem (チケット #5467)で作業をしました。EC command implementationが原因の元なので極めて深刻なバグでした。Richardの証言ではとうとうグレムリンを倒したと思っているそうです。 元の実装ではロスしていたインタラプトに頼っていました。 その結果ECは最善でデータのプロセスが出来ず、最悪では完全にコマンドのプロセスを停止しました。この場合で解決方はこの不要なインタラプトをまるごと取り除くことです。Richardは変わりにpolling shemeを実装しました。現在コードは彼の全テストをパスして、最適化れていない状態でもスピードは早くなっています。 ホストはサスペンド前後に多くのECコマンドを出し、各ミリセカンドも欠かせないほど重要ですので、スピード高速化は大切です。Richardの頼みでは、彼の解決法をテストしてくれる参加者がいるならファームウェアをリリース Q2D08A (より高)にアップグレードしてくださいと申しています。

7. Firmware: Mitch Bradley released Q2D08 firmware with a long list of “fit and finish” improvements and minor bug fixes. Details can be found in the wiki (See OLPC Firmware q2d08).

7. Firmware (ファームウェア): Mitch BradleyはQ2D08ファームウェアをリリースしました。長いリストになるくらいの'fit and finish'改良といろいろな細かいバグ修正がされています。 詳細な内容はwikiページの OLPC Firmware q2d08 を見てください。

8. SD Card support: One nagging problem has been the performance of the SD card on resume. Mitch took time this week to study the problem. He determined that resume can be done in 25 to 200 mS, depending on the card used. The mean value from a sample of seven different cards was 70 mS.

8. SD Card Support (SDカード・サポート): 'Resume'(再開)時のSDカード性能はしつこい問題でした。 今週Mitchはその問題に取り込みました。 彼の測定の結果'resume'(再開)は使用しているカードによって25から200msの間にできます。7つのカードを使った平均的な数字は70msでした。

9. Batteries: Some reports of batteries not charging are coming in from the field. The bulk of the data reports (from olpc-logbat) are almost identical: the XO declares the battery fully charged and quits charging when it's really not. Subsequently, when you use your laptop on battery power, it shuts off with no warning, because the voltage dips below the critical level but the capacity is still >15%. In some cases, the shutdown is very quick (seconds) and in others the battery gets enough charge to last between 10 and 20 minutes.

9. Batteries (バッテリー): バッテリーが充電してないと言うレポートが現地から数々届いています。 olpc-logbatから来るほとんどの内容は共通しています: XOはバッテリーが空っぽの状態でも満タンと報告して充電と停止する。 その結果ラップトップをバッテリー電源に切り替えると電量は15%以上ですが、電圧が最低レベル以下になり、警告もなしに停止してしまいます。あるケースではシャットダウンは数秒でするほど早く、また別の例では10から20分ほど持ちます。

{{{1}}}

Richardはユーザが充電量フィールドを'low'(少ない)に戻すことによって、ECが充電を始めるようbatman.fthにある程度の改良を追加しました。一人にユーザがこのユーティリティを試した結果: データによるとバッテリーの電圧は10秒の間に少なくて5V-6Vから7.4V以上の満タンしきい値まで飛び上がります。テストを三回くり返した結果、一つの実験でバッテリーは通常に充電し始めましたが、急に満タンに達しました。ECコードは正常に動いているようですが、何かがバッテリーの抵抗を急激に増加しているようです。この問題はバッテリーかまたは、XOの製造不良かどっちかです。この問題は充電回路の不良接続みたいに大変小さな事でも原因となる可能性があります。

10. School Server: The school-server software platform is currently being extended by John Watlington to support multiple servers, each providing internet access to the mesh on all three wireless mesh channels. A two-server system was manually configured at 1CC (and in John's home, a much quieter wireless environment) and largely worked. Its configuration has been automated; a new school-server build is in early testing and will be released in the next few days.

10. School Server (スクール・サーバ): スクール・サーバ・ソフトウェア・プラットフォームはJohn Watlingtonによって複数サーバ・サポート機能が備えられている最中です。各サーバは三つの全ワイヤレスメッシュ・チャンネルのメッシュにネット通信を提供できます。1CC(ともっと静かなワイヤレス環境であるJohnの自宅)で2サーバシステムを手作りで設定して、全体的に起動しました。設定は自動化され、新スクール・サーバ・ビルドは初期テスト中で、この数日の間にリリースされる予定です。

The rush on this is the desire to provide access to a common library to a trial of two schools in Mongolia this January, with upcoming deployments elsewhere following as soon as we have Active Antennas in volume. Each school of 500 children will have three servers providing backup storage and access to a large (700 GB) local content library. We shipped off six servers (the lowest end SOHO server from a leading PC manufacturer) to the trials this week after reconfiguring them in Cambridge. Additional machines are being acquired locally and will be tested.

急ぐ理由は一月にトライアルしているモンゴルの二つの学校にcommon libraryへのアクセスを提供したいからです。Active Antennaが大量に入手でき次第、別の場所でも配備を始めます。500名の生徒が通っている各学校は三つのサーバが700GBにもなる大きなlocal content libraryへのアクセスとバックアップ・ストレージをします。今週既に六つのサーバ(代表的PC製造者の最低額SOHOサーバ)をケンブリッジMAで再設定した後、トライアルへ出費しました。追加マシンは現地で調達中であり、その内テストされる予定です。

The latest version of ejabberd (2.0) has been successfully packaged by Collabora, configured and integrated into a school server build, and is now being tested. The configuration still requires manual intervention and scalability and stability are serious-enough concerns that we continue to explore alternatives.

最新バージョンであるejabberd (2.0)がCollabraによってパッケージされ、スクールサーバ・ビルドに付け加えられました。ただ今テスト中です。 設定は手動的な部分もまだ残っていて、スケーラビリティと安定性についてはまだ深刻に考えるくらい疑問があるため、他の手段を探しています。

11. Testing: Chih-yu Chao worked on testing various builds (Joyride 1489 and 1520, and Update.1 681). This included some localization testing, one-hour smoke tests, and content bundles (both activities and library). She also spent some time becoming familiar with school server and created test cases for suspend/resume. Kim Quirk spent some time in localization, keyboard testing, and upgrade testing for the Ship2.2 Build 656. Remember to keep an eye on Test Group Release Notes page in the wiki for information on the latest releases (Test Group Release Notes).

11. Testing (テスト): Chih-yu ChaoはJoyride 1489、1520、Update.1 681など色々なビルドのテストを行いました。テストではロケール・テスト、一時間スモーク・テスト、コンテンツ・バンドル(アクティビティとライブラリも含む)などがありました。彼女はさらにスクール・サーバになれるため作業を行い、サスペンド/再開用テスト事例を作りました。Kim Quirkはロケール、キーボード・テスト、Ship2.2 Build 656アップグレード・テストなどで作業しました。最新リリースに関しての情報はwikiのTest Group Release Notesページに載るので、このページはよく見張って下さい。

12. Wireless testing: We are currently testing Build 674 with wireless firmware 5.110.22.p1. Build 674 has all the latest wireless driver modifications from David Woodhouse, which seems to improve stability and performance. The only obvious issue with Build 674 is the inability to associate with WEP-encrypted access points in the Sugar user interface (we can make connections from the command line). Wireless firmware 5.110.22.p1 fixes a rare wireless hang that happens when a link loss condition occurs while the radio is scanning and also rearranges the relative priorities of the internal firmware threads. Thanks to the team at Marvell Pune and Ricardo Carrano for all the hard work.

12. Wireless testing (ワイヤレス・テスト): 現在wireless firmware 5.110.22.p1 Build 674をテストしている最中です。 Build 674はDavid Woodhouseによるすべてのワイヤレス・ドライバー修正が入っており、おかげで安定性と性能が上がっているようです。Build 674におけるたった一つの問題点はSugarインターフェースでWEP暗号化されたアクセス・ポイントとの関連が出来ない事です (コマンドラインからは出来ますけど)。Wireless firmware 5.110.22.p1は、無線スキャン中に発生するリンクロス状態で現れるまれなワイヤレスハング修正をして、されに、内蔵ファームウェア・スレッドの相対的優先位の再アレンジもします。

13. Support: Adam Holt and the team of many support volunteers continue to improve systems and documentation. And they continue to make progress with the phone bank system. There are regular Sunday afternoon 4PM (EST) calls—if you are interested in joining, please get in touch with Adam for the details (holt at laptop.org).

13. Support (サポート): Adam Holtとボランティア・サポート・チームの方々達はシステムとドキュメンテーションに続けて力を入れています。さらにphone bank systemでも引続き作業が進まれています。毎週日曜日の午後四時(EST)にレギュラーのコールがあります。活動に参加する興味があれば、Adam (holt at laptop.org)宛に連絡を取ってください。

Adam organized another very successful support meeting last Sunday; 24 people showed up (See Support meetings).

Adamによって主催された先週日曜日のサポート会議は大成功で24人の参加者が集まりました (詳しくは Support meetings をご覧下さい)。

Participation by guest developers drive the enthusiasm at the meetings. Thanks to Kim Quirk, Arjun Sarwal, and Bernie Innocenti for their participation. By the end of week, our Support list now contains 51 subscribers. Support volunteer Frank Barcenas, who is based in Lima, Peru started only four days ago and is doing a great job, even without an XO!

会議などではゲストとして現れるディベロッパーが雰囲気を盛り上げます。Kim Quirk、Arjun Sarwal、Bernie Innocenti達が参加して下さって感謝しています。 週が終わるころにはサポート・リストに載っているメンバーの数は51人にも増えました。特にXOも持っていないのにペルーのリマから4日前に活動を始めたサポート・ボランティアのFrank Barcenasには大変良く活躍してもらっています!

Adam also recruited likely volunteers for documentation and QA. Felice Gardner and SJ Klein have been helping here. Professor Lee Tesdell at Minnesota State Univ will likely work with us and his entire class improving documentation of particular topics. Similarly, Adam helped Arjun engage with science teachers and curriculum developers to develop further interest in the Measure activity.

さらにAdamはドキュメンテーションとQAのボランティアをリクルートしました。Felice GardnerとSJ Kleinもここで手を貸しています。Minnesota State UniversityのLee Tesdell教授と彼の生徒達は今後ドキュメンテーションの特定トピック上で我々と一緒に作業を進めるつもりです。同じようにAdamはArjunがする理科の先生達とカリキュラム・ディベロッパーのMeasureアクティビティへの感心を深める活動に手を貸しました。

Adam also resolved troubling tickets by phone, calling donors directly—he focused on especially confused donors who either require RMAs or were accidentally blocking our incoming emails.

またAdamは電話でチケットの解決をしました。特にRMAが必要、または、電子メールで連絡が取れなかった寄付者達と直接電話で連絡をしました。

Adam has been helping to navigate through our parts/repair story, towards setting up perhaps 10 volunteer-driven repair centers around the USA and Canada—a model that could be replicated elsewhere.

AdamはUSAとカナダ各地で10人メンバーの修理センター設置へ向けて、我々のパーツ/修理ストーリーのナビゲーションで手伝いました。 このモデルは別の場所でも再現される可能性があります。

Finally, Adam continues to work with Matthew O’Gorman and Joe Phigan on a phone server. Matthew should have the voice prompts recorded ASAP, so we can begin training volunteers.

最後にAdamはMatthew O'GormanとJoe Phiganらと共にphone serverで作業しました。Matthewはボランティア練習が始められるようすぐにボイス・プロンプトの録音に取りかかるはずです。

14. Sugar medley: Tomeu Vizoso worked on fixing bugs this week in anticipation of the Update.1 release. He focused on the Sugar shell, the Journal, the datastore, and Read activity. Almost all of his patches have already been tested in the Joyride builds and will pushed into an Update.1 build soon.

14. Sugar medley (Sugarメドレー): Tomeu VizosoはUpdate.1リリースを見越してバグ修正をしました。彼はSugarシェル、ジャーナル、datastore、文書閲覧に重点を集めて作業しました。彼のほとんどのパッチはJoyrideビルドで既にテストされ、近いうちにUpdate.1ビルドに入ります。

Reinier Heeres has written a patch to improve the palette positioning logic so that palettes don't end up outside the visible screen (Ticket #5944) and he has included support for ellipsis ('...') in long lines (Ticket #4562). Finally a new version of evince was built to reduce the memory usage for pdf files with images, and a patch by Tomeu was included to make the fit-to-width button work.

Reinier Heeresはパレットが可視画面からはみ出ないようにするためにパレット・ポジショニング・ロジックを改良しました (チケット #5944)。Ellipsisの ('...')長ライン・サポートも入れました (チケット #4562)。 最後にイメージを使うPDFファイルのメモリー節約のため新バージョンevinceがビルドされ、fit-to-widthボタンがまた使えるようにするためTomeuによるパッチも加えられました。

Marco Pesenti Gritti tracked down the problem with the Turkish locale that was causing crashes at system startup. He's pushed a workaround in the builds. A numpy hacker helped to track down the real cause; it looks like problem in pygtk or Python. Marco worked with Reinier on the palette positioning problem and together they landed multiple fixes. Marco built xulrunner 1.9 beta2. We are going to test it and see if it's stable enough to go in Update.1. He reviewed numerous patches from Simon Schampijer, Reinier, and Tomeu. [These guys rock.] There was lots of bug triaging to ensure that fixes for the most urgent problems land in the build as soon as possible. We’ve been testing all the changes in Joyride to avoid regressions. Altogether, we have managed to cut down the list of Sugar core bugs, especially the blockers. And in the spirit of “if you want something done, find a busy person”, Marco took over gtkmozembed maintenance upstream, to ensure we will have a sane API to migrate to when xpcom is deprecated in Mozilla 3.0.

Marco Pesenti Grittiはスタートアップ時にシステムをクラッシュさせるトルコ・ロケールが原因となっている問題を追跡しました。ワークアラウンドはビルドに入れました。実際の問題はNumpyハッカーによって追跡され、pygtkかPythonに潜んでいるようです。MarcoとReinierはパレット・ポジション問題に取り込み多重の修正をしました。Marcoはxulrunner 1.9 beta2をビルドしました。今からUpdate.1に入るほどの安定性があるかテストを始めます。彼はSimon Schampijer、Reinier、Tomeu達から着た数々のパッチ批評をしました [こいつらは凄いぞ]。出きるだけ早く緊急問題への修正をビルドに取り入れるため、たくさんのバグ・トリアージをしました。 regressionを避けるためすべてのJoyrideへの変更をテストしました。全体的に、特にブロッカーなどのSugarコア・バグのリストは減りました。そして、Mozilla 3.0でxpcomがデプレケートになったとき、まともなAPIにマイグレートする事が出来る様、「事を成し遂げたいなら、忙しい人を探せ」の精神にちなんでgtkmozembed maintenance upstreamはMarcoが引き受けました。

15. Software Medley: Chris Ball is working on the last power management feature for Update.1—a logfile to record information about how often and why we suspend/resume, together with battery status information. Getting this log back from the field will help turn the current set of timeouts into something more principled, and will give Richard Smith useful power data as well.

15. Software Medley (ソフトウェア・メドレー): Chris BallはUpdate.1最後のパワー・マネージメント機能、ユーザのサスペンド/再開に関連した「なぜ」と「どのくらいの頻度で」を記録するログファイルとバッテリー・ステータス情報の作業に取りかかっています。実際の場からログを集める事は現在のタイムアウトをさらに節操化してRichard Smithにも便利な電力データを与えます。

Andres Salomon worked on the touchpad driver and Debian packaging of some OLPC packages.

Andres Salomonはtouchpad driverといくつかのOLPCパッケージのDebianパッケージングもしました。

Bernie Innocenti mostly worked on bug squashing for Update.1. Specifically, the pen-tablet not working, permission problems in /home/olpc, and providing automatic login in the console so that we can finally disable the root and olpc passwords. Bernie also helped SJ with the hard drive images for Mongolia, and Arjun with the Measure activity redesign. He and Walter debugged console keymaps for Spanish and Portuguese and Albert Cahalan contributed a nice console font that we may try to integrate.

Bernie InnocentiはUpdate.1のためバグ潰しの作業に取りかかりました。特にpen-tablet故障、/home/olpcパーミッション問題、rootとolpcパスワード入力を不要にするためのコンソールへの自動ログインなどでした。さらにBernieはSJのモンゴル用ハードドライブ・イメージで手を貸して、ArjunのMeasureアクティビティの再デザインを手伝いました。彼とWalterはスペイン語とポルトガル語のコンソール・キーマップのデバッグをして、Albert Cahalanは我々が近いうち組み込みたい質の良いコンソール・フォントを 用意してくれました。

As a pet project, Bernie started to port an “oldskool” activity called SoundTracker to the laptop. He is in touch with the original authors for help.

ペット・プロジェクトとしてBerniaはSoundTrackerと名乗る'oldskool'アクティビティのポートを開始しました。彼は手伝いを求めるため原作者と連絡をしています。

David Woodhouse looked at the unionfs patches which are making their way upstream and likely to land in 2.6.25. Will probably land these in the Fedora kernel sometime soon and play with them some more. They work without any changes to the underlying file systems, which means that whiteouts (where the “upper” layers of the filesystem actively remove an object that exists in a “lower” layer) are a bit of a hack. But that can be fixed. The design goal of requiring nothing special from the filesystem makes sense and we can do it nicely; it just hasn't been done yet.

David Woodhouseは近いうちにアップストリームに届き2.6.25に入るuninfsのパッチを調べました。その内にFedoraカーネルに入ると思いますので、もう少しそれで遊んでみます。それらは下層にあるファイルシステムに何も変更もなしで使えるます。それで、whiteouts (上層のファイルシステムが下層にあるオブジェクトをアクティブに削除する)は少しハックになりますが、一応修正できます。 デザイン的にファイルシステムからなにも特別に必要としない事は良い考えで、きれいに出来ると思い、ただ今まで誰もしなかっただけです。

Dave reluctantly reduced the log level at which the (mostly harmless) CRC failure messages are printed by JFFS2. Need to introduce a new “root-only” write threshold and expose all the thresholds through sysfs.

DaveはいやいやながらもJFFS2がプリントするCRCフェイルメッセージ(ほとんど無害)のログ・レベルを減らしました。 root専用書き込みスレッシュホールドを取り入れ、sysfsを通してすべてのスレッシュホールドを表に出す必要があります。

The short-term fix Dave made for SD seems like it might be helpful, according to Tomeu's comment in Ticket #4013. The device goes away and then a 'new' device comes back on suspend/resume. It doesn't help if you're running with your rootfs on the device, or if you have an open file on it while you suspend, but it looks like it does help a lot of use cases. We'll need to work with Marvell to figure out the delays in card detection on resume. They claim it doesn't take as long as our measurements show.

チケット#4013にあるTomeuのコメントによるとDaveのSD一時的修正はとても役に立つかもしれません。 デバイスは何処かへ消えていき、その後に新しい物の様に見えるデバイスがサスペンド/再開で現れます。デバイスでrootfsを走らせていて、かまたは、サスペンド中にオープンファイルがあったらあまり役に立ちませんが、use casesの場合は何らかの助けになるようです。再開時のカード検出遅延に関してはMarvellと一緒に調査する必要があります。彼らの主張では我々の測定ほど長くかからないと仰っています。

16. Build system: Reinier has been working on a new build announcer script in Python (http://dev.laptop.org/~rwh/announcer). As an improvement over Bert Freudenberg's script, it can collect ChangeLog entries from package versions that have not appeared in a build, and gets ChangeLogs for rpms directly from Koji. Dennis Gilmore spent most the week syncing Joyride and Update.1, trying to chase up missing SRPMS and make sure things are getting better. He also spent time talking to people at Fudcon about OLPC; there were quite a few Give-One-Get-One participants showing real interest in the XO. Dennis will be doing a session on the XO over the weekend.

16. Build system (ビルドシステム): ReinierはPythonで書いた新ビルドアナウンサー・スクリプト作成(http://dev.laptop.org/~rwh/announcer) に取り込みました。Bert Freudenberのスクリプトより改良された機能は、まだビルドに現れていないパッケージバージョンのチェンジログ・エントリーを回収出き、KojiからRPMのチェンジログを直接手に入れる事です。Dennis Gilmoreは失われたSRPMSの追求と物事をなるべく良くするため、今週のほとんどを費やしJoyrideとUpdate.1のシンクをしました。 また彼はFudconでOLPCに関して人々と話をしました。G1G1参加者も結構いて、XOに大きな感心を見せていました。Dennisは週末にXOの講義を開くそうです。

Early in the week, Jim Gettys was spooked by some build problems we were having: we had later packages in Update.1 than Joyride, something that should never occur. Dennis tracked this down to a mistagging. We are now getting very close to having a build together, built consistently and reproducibly, that is close enough to Update.1 to start serious testing.

週の初めの出来事で、Jim Gettyはビルド問題で怖い目にあいました。決して起きるはずがないのにUpdate.1にJoyrideより最新のパッケージが入っていました。Dennisが追求した結果、問題はミスタギングだと判明しました。真剣にテストが可能になれるほどUpdate.1に近い両立した繁殖可能なビルド完成はとても近くなっています。

17. Presence service: Guillaume Desmottes designed a proposal of Jingle protocol for transport re-negotation, needed for OOB support in Gabble (See http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Jingle-renegotiation). He started to implement hyperactivity, a collaboration stress-testing tool (Ticket #5817).

17. Presence service (presenceサービス): Guillaume DesmottesはGabbleでOOBをサポートするのに必要なtransport re-negotioationをするJingleプロトコルのプロポーザルをデザインしました (詳しくは http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Jingle-renegotiation) 。 彼はコラボレーションstress-testingツールであるhyperactivityの実相を始めました (チケット #5817)。

Morgan Collett landed the fix for the presence service bug that prevented buddies from clustering around their shared activity due to signals firing in the wrong order (Ticket #5368); the patch exposed a UI issue in Sugar “snowflake” layout where the first buddy moved into the activity appears next to it, but subsequent buddies simply vanish off mesh view; they reappear when they leave the activity (Ticket #5904). Morgan also worked on a couple of other presence-server issues: blank names in mesh view and hex-key names in mesh view.

Morgan Collettは電波が間違った順序で受信される問題が原因となりbuddiesがsharedアクティビティでクラスタ出来なくなってしまう、presenceサービスのバグ修正を完成させました (チケット #5368)。 パッチはSugarのsnowflakeレイアウトでアクティビティに動かした最初のbuddyは隣に現れますが、その後のbuddyはただmesh viewから消えてしまうUI問題を表に出しました。アクティビティから去ると再び現れます (チケット #5904)。 さらにMorganは他に2つほどのpresenceサーバ問題で作業しました。Mesh viewの空っぽ名前とhex-key名前です。

18. Localization: Sayamindu Dasgupta set up a Pootle project for Etoys, so that volunteers translators working on the various activities and Sugar can also work on Etoys as well. He added the memorize activity in Pootle, so that it can be translated by the volunteers. He fixed a problem which was preventing the Spanish translations from showing up in Pippy. (ticket #5504) And he helped set up translation teams for Bengali (India), Catalan, and Polish.

18. Localization (ロケール化): Sayamindu DasguptaはいくつものアクティビティやSugarなどで作業を行っているボランティア翻訳者がEtoysでも作業が出来る様にするため、Etoys用のPootleプロジェクトを立ち上げました。 彼はボランティアに翻訳してもらうためPootleにmemorizeアクティビティを加えました。 Pippyでスペイン語に防ぎを与えていた問題を修正しました (チケット #5504)。さらに、ベンガル語 (インド)、カタロニア語、ポーランド語翻訳チームの設立などの手伝いをしました。

Localization into Pashto and Dari languages continues to advance. Dr. Habib Khan reports that his team has engaged Afghan graduate students of International Islamic University in the localization endeavors. They have initiated this project with great enthusiasm but their end-of-semester examinations have started and will end on January 20, so our hopes for early completion does not seem to be on schedule.

パシュトウ語とダリ語のロケール化は引き続き進んでいます。Dr. Habib Khanのレポートによれば彼のチームはロケール作業を共に行うためInternational Islamic Universityのアフガン卒業生達と交流したそうです。彼らはプロジェクトに熱心に取り掛かりましたが、期末テスト期間が始まり1月20日まで続きますので、我々が期待してた初期完成はスケジュール通りにはなってくれない様です。

Arjun Sarwal and Bernie tested the Devanagari keyboard with the Lohit Hindi fonts. The keyboard and font rendering both seem to be working well. The Lohit Hindi Fonts package is expected to go into Update.1.

Arjun SarwalとBernieはLohit Hindiフォンとを使いDevanagariキーボードのテストをしました。キーボードとフォントレンダリングはうまく行っている様です。Lohit Hindiフォント・パッケージはUpdate.1に入れ込まれる予定です。

19. Wireless driver: Dave Woodhouse did some more work on the libertas driver, but he is letting the earlier batch of patches land and the dust settle before he starts again on that in earnest. It is mostly cleanups to be done now—the real fixes and the “dangerous” stuff are mostly behind us. Dave wants to investigate the suspend/resume behavior—that was working OK in his testing but we’ve seen two bug reports that cause him to suspect the driver might be getting it wrong.

19. Wireless driver (ワイヤレス・ドライバー): Dave Woodhouseはlibertas driverで作業をしましたが、前のパッチが着陸してほこりが沈むまでは、本気ないじりは始めないそうです。ほとんどはクリーンアップだけです。本当と修正と危ない作業はもう過去の話です。彼のテストでは何もなかったサスペンド/再開ですが、既に二つもバグレポートが出ているので、Daveはドライバーに何らかの間違いがあると想定しています。

Dave is also trying to get up to speed on school server stuff to fully understand what to expect when he gets to Mongolia next week (other than -20°C).

さらにDaveは来週モンゴルへ訪れるのでスクール・サーバの件などそこで一体なにが待ち受けているのか(-20°Cの冷凍意外に)をとことん調べています。

20. Rainbow: Michael Stone closed many bugs and contributed many patches. Along with Bernie, Phil, Simon, and Marco, we have now provided or improved proposed fixes or work-arounds for all of the known serious issues with Rainbow for Update.1 including:

20. Rainbow (Rainbow): Michael Stoneは多くのバグを修正とパッチの提供をしました。Bernie、Phil、Simon、Marco達とそれってに我々は以下を含むUpdate.1のRainbowですべての知られている問題の解決、改良、ワークアラウンドを提供しました:

  • the 'rainbow spool persistence bug' (Ticket #5033);
  • the 'SSL failure bug' (Ticket #5489);
  • the 'orphaned files bug' (Ticket #5637);
  • the 'uid reclamation bug' (Ticket #2527);
  • the '/home/olpc permissions bug' (Ticket #5320); and
  • the 'sudo vs. su bug' (Ticket #5537).

Michael also assisted Phil Bordelon with the 'orphaned previews bug' (Ticket #5929) and he offered Daniel and Chih-yu an overview of our implementation of activity isolation so that we can begin to construct a test plan for the isolation features scheduled for Update.1. Finally, Michael assisted Sjoerd, Ben, and Erik in their debugging efforts.

他にMichaelはorphaned previewsバグでPhil Bordelonの手助けをしました (チケット #5929)。 そして、DanielとChih-yuにUpdate.1に入る予定のisolation機能のテストプランの作成開始のため、我々が実装するactivity isolationの概要を与えました。

Marcus Leech’s (Nortel) contributions to our efforts have also been invaluable.

Marcus Leech (Nortel)からの貢献は欠かせない物でした。

21. Activities: Joshua Minor made a new activity called Speak. It is a “talking face” for the XO laptop. Anything you type will be spoken aloud using the XO's speech synthesizer, espeak. You can adjust the accent, rate, and pitch of the voice as well as the shape of the eyes and mouth. This is a fun way to experiment with the speech synthesizer, learn to type, or just have fun making a funny face for your XO. Please see Speak for details. (Josh sends thanks to Arjun Sarwal, Hemant Goyal and Bernardo Innocenti for their help.)

21. Activities (アクティビティ): Joshua MinorはSpeakと名乗る新しいアクティビティを作りました。これはXOラップトップのしゃべる「顔」です。タイプした物はすべてXOのスピーチ・シンセサイザーespeakを通し言葉として出て来ます。声のアクセント、速度、ピッチの他、目や口の形なども調節できます。これはスピーチ・シンセサイザーの実験やタイプ練習、また、XOに変な顔をつけるとかをする楽しい実習になります。詳しくは Speak をご覧下さい。 (Joshは次の方々に感謝を申しております:Arjun Sarwal、Hemant Goyal、Bernardo Innocenti。)

Arjun Sarwal continues to improve the Measure activity. He is working towards making the code scalable (so that it is easy to add more graphs, more views, etc.). The mix of having a large drawing area and a lot of real-time processing of data, combined with the goal of a fast response time is a challenging (and interesting) balance of experimentation and optimization.

Arjun Sarwalは引き続けてMeasureアクティビティの改良を行っています。彼はグラフ追加を簡単にするとか、viewを増やすとかをするため、コードをスケーラブルにする作業をしています。 大きい描画エリアと多くあるデータのリアルタイム・プロセッシング、また、ファースト・レスポンス・タイムの組み合わは最適化と実験バランスのチャレンジ(そして興味)となります。

The Measure page in the wiki (Measure) now incorporates easy to follow instructions to build one's own low cost probe for connecting sensors to the XO. The “flavor of the month” of Measure Learning activities is “Temperature.” Arjun encourages educators / teachers / enthusiasts to try building their own low-cost temperature sensing probe by following the directions given on the page and get in touch (arjun AT laptop.org) in case of any problems.

Wiki内のMeasureページはXOにつなげる独自のローコスト・センサー作り方の簡単な説明が載っています。 Measure学習アクティビティで今月のフレーバーはTemperatureです。Arjunは教育者/先生/愛好家などにページに載っている説明を元に独自のローコスト温度センサー・プローブを試しに作って下さるよう願っています。問題がある時は(arjun AT laptop.org)まで連絡して下さい。

In a related effort, Arjun is interested in organizing an OLPC-Health interest group. All interested in participating towards developing medical and health applications around the XO should join the “Library” mailing list and add their names to the volunteers section of the Health wiki page (Health). Participation is invited from all: hardware developers, programmers, doctors, biologists, etc. A conference call is planned for the last week of January.

それに関連した活動でArjunはOLPC-Health interstグループの設立に興味を持っています。 XOを中心に医学と健康に関するアプリ開発に興味のある方はLibraryメーリングリストに加わって、Health wikiページ (Health)のボランティア・セクションに名前を記入してください。参加者はハードウェア・ディベロッパー、プログラマー、医者、生物学者など構わずご招待致します。一月最後の週に会議コールをする予定です。

22. E-books: Dr. Khan reports progress on converting all the text books written on curriculum of the Federal Ministry of Education, Islamabad into e-books. The following text books of Federal Ministry of Education for Grade I for use in English and Urdu mediums of instruction are complete:

22. E-books (E-books): Dr. KhanのレポートではFederal Ministry of Education、イスラマバードのカリキュラムに載っているすべてのテキストブックをe-bookに移す作業プログレスの情報が報告されています。下記のFederal Ministry of Education英語とウルドゥ語medium用Grade Iテキストブックが完了しています:

  • My English Reader for Grade I
  • Islamic Studies (Shaoor-e-Islamyat) Grade I
  • Social Studies for Grade I
  • Science for Grade I

These text books are now waiting a review by the Department of Education, IIU. After incorporating the suggestion we will make them available on XO library.

これらのテキストブックはDepartment of Education、IIUによる評論を待っています。提案を元にXO libraryでも利用できる様にします。

23. Curriki: Lauren Klein and SJ Klein started working with Joshua Marks and the group-development team at Curriki to design a space and interfaces for OLPC collections on their site. Joshua is rolling out a “groups” feature that will allow custom design of individual portals within the next week that will make implementing a “compile for XO” button and an OLPC start page easier.

23. Curriki: Lauren KleinとSJ KleinはJoshua MarksとCurrikiグループ・ディベロップメント・チームと共に彼らにサイトにあるOLPCコレクションのスペースとインタフェースのデザインを開始しました。Joshuaはgrops機能をロールアウトしています。これは個人ポータルのカスタムデザインを来週までに可能にして、"compile for XO"ボタンの実装とOLPCスタートページを簡単にします。

Personal tools
  • Log in
  • Login with OpenID
About OLPC
About the laptop
About the tablet
Projects
OLPC wiki
Toolbox