Revision as of 07:51, 17 December 2008 by Sj
 Policy and templates
We need to add a few policies here.
- OLPC:5P - the [OLPC:Five principles|]]
- OLPC:Policies - an overview and guidelines
- OLPC:FAQ - a FAQ-based sitemap, not the separate cathedrals of fAQ-dom we have now
- OLPC:Contact us, something better than a list of email addresses (and less friendly to spammers / that makes better use of our wiki community).
- OLPC:Spam - policies on spam control and editing
- OLPC:PR - Peer review
- OLPC:FC - featured content
- OLPC:CfR - Content for Review (a first-cut review that sends things to deletion, peer review, or cleanup.)
 from irc, for ffm
<_sj_> I'd like to migrate some FA, Community-Portal, and RfA templates <_sj_> ffm has been working on language-request templates (from [m:]) <_sj_> also peer review and media-licensing templates * neskaya shudders at the letters RfA. * _freelikegnu is now known as freelikegnu <_sj_> well, I mainly agree with you <_sj_> I do want a "pages for review" instead of an AfD and "permission requests" instead of rfa * neskaya nods. <neskaya> That makes a bit more sense. <_sj_> but a template for "here's what this user is doing and is up to" is helpful <_sj_> see for instance all of the red-linked userpages on [[Requests for permissions]] on the current wiki <_sj_> at any rate, we're closer to reasonable process for that page than for peer review or meta-policy (here's where the policies are!) or meta-faq (here's where the faq's are!) * mvn071 (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #olpc <neskaya> mmhm. * bgola` (email@example.com) has joined #olpc <_sj_> and to ease the load on our email queues, "contact us" should be closer to a three-page heirarchy that pushes people to community outlets when possible, than the current "here are email addresses to spam!" offering