You have to log in to edit pages.
Welcome to the kick-off page for Australia.
[http://www.laptop.org.au/ OLPC Australia] was launched in March 2008. They received a small batch of laptops to distribute as that independent Foundation could manage it across pilot projects in the region.
== Technical development ==
Technical development is co-ordinated at https://dev.laptop.org.au/. See the [https://dev.laptop.org.au/participate Participation] page to get involved.
=== Technical projects ===
Some of the key technical [http://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/general/wiki/Projects projects] supported by OLPC Australia.
'''[https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xo-au XO-AU]''': an Australian-specific software build for XOs. It contains localised settings and content suitable for Australian children. It has been developed in consultation with schools, educators and local communities.
'''[https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/xs-au XS-AU]''': a reconfiguration of the XS school server.
'''[https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/mini-server Mini Server]''': A mini update server that runs on an XO. Other XOs can wirelessly update their OS from it, using olpc-update. In a sense, it is like [[Nandblaster]], but data (including the Journal) is preserved.
'''[http://edu.laptop.org.au/laptop/xop XOP]''': An XO [[Product_News#XO_Rack | racking]] and charging solution. The charger developed by OLPC Australia is better suited for the racks than the [[Product_News#XOP_Distributed_Bundle | OLPC version]].
== Community ==
These are community groups assisting OLPC Australia.
See our [https://dev.laptop.org.au/projects/general/wiki/Events Events page] for more.
The [[MelbourneXOClub|Melbourne XO Club]] meets monthly.
OLPC Australia personnel are often present at the [http://www.slug.org.au Sydney Linux Users Group].
== [http://laptop.org.au/vision/people Key contacts] ==
=== OLPC Australia Board ===
* Rangan Srikhanta, Chief Executive Officer
* Clinton Hoffmann, Chairman
* [http://web.media.mit.edu/~bv/ Prof. Barry Vercoe], Director
* Charles Kane, Director
* Philip Argy, Director
* Michael McLeod - Director
=== Team ===
* [[User:Sridhar|Sridhar Dhanapalan]], Engineering Manager
* Rita Sharma, Operations Manager
* Jerry Vonau, Software Engineer
* Deepak Muddha, Software Test Engineer
* Sasha Faint, Customer Service
* Ning Gong, Finance and Logistics Co-ordinator
* Alan James, Regional Manager - Northern Territory
== See also ==
* [[OLPC Oceania]]
* [[OLPC New Zealand]]
== External links ==
* [http://www.laptop.org.au/ OLPC Australia (official site)]
* [https://dev.laptop.org.au/ OLPC Australia technical development]
* [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia Australia (Wikipedia)]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page