OLPC CA-MB Repair
xorepairs (at) boing (dot) ca
This repair center is still being set up. Thank you for your patience.
This repair center is operated by a support gang volunteer out of Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
The following are members of the repair center:
Please sent all inquires to xorepairs (at) boing (dot) ca
We follow the pricing recommended by OLPC, converted to Canadian Dollars. It is as follows:
- For a tested screen: $__
- Battery: $__
- ALPS Touchpad: $__
- Keyboard: $__
- Power adapter: $__
In addition, the following services can be provided:
- Fix bad motherboard batteries and the bricking that occurs because of it. - $__
- Upgrade to the software build of your choice (703, 852, etc.) (This may cause loss of data) - $__
- Replacing the backplate of your XO to the colours of your choice (Depending on availability) - $__
If any of the above three are purchased in conjunction with another service, your price is reduced by 10CAD.
Shipping/handling not included.
- Return shipping is under $18CAD to most urban centers, Canada Post insurance is an additional $3CAD.
- International shipping varies.
 Repair process
For reference, here is our repair cycle, from start to finish:
- Donor (that's you!) sends an email to the address listed above - if you have previously contacted email@example.com about the issue, please include your ticket number
- We'll reply within 2 days with a tentative diagnosis and shipping details
- Donor mails XO, optional components, cheque, and a signed terms of service to the address mentioned in the mail
- We'll send an email when we process your laptop from the incoming mail queue. This may be 1 to 3 business days after your packages delivery.
- We'll send a followup email when we return your laptop.
We currently have 2 full sets of XO-1 parts.