The "Une Ecole Par Enfant/One Laptop Per Child - Initiative" has so many doors of entrance, one for just about every player in society:
- the ICT landscape obviously. You were an ICT student and you didn't contribute in Humanities'largest Educational Endeavour ever? That awkward feeling when your kid asks you a question and you realize you missed a boat or at least you're on the wrong ship?
- the Education landscape, pedagogy university departments obviously, but also cabinets of education interested to link up their educational landscape with the open source and open hardware community to give some resistance against the Microsoft's, Acer's, Toshiba's, Apple's, eBoard manufacturers, telecom operators obviously all eager to make money and hook up our students, parents and kids as nice compliant consumers ;) OLPC and the OLPC Community, the XO-XS laptop tablet: Welcome linking up in the largest educational effort ever undertaken
- Really, stop drafting these courses in your own little corner, join other teams in your discipline making the best ever eBook on your discipline ... imagine you get hired to personalise the version for a specific language/region or explain how to make such books and how they become interactive books in the OLPC XO-XS laptop/tablets ! When was the last time you checked if your Ministry of Education or the EU Directorate of Education has funds and calls for proposals to pay you for doing all this ?
- but also the industry interested in generating CO2e certificates via OLPC deployments, or for their CSR programs = Corporate Social Responsibility
- the health sector will be very interested in the OLPC link Health-teams with wonderful projects s.a. telemedicine, usb plug in eStetoscopes, eMicroscopes, eEchography for pregnant women
- economy students: econometry, by how much the gdp or wealth and happiness rises by implementing an OLPC deployment in a region
- Statistics: Dear statisticians, how does the OLPC deployments help in collecting data. Relevant, real time data that is comparable whatever the country.
- marketing: do you love the OLPC advertisements as much as we do ? Check out youtube or the OLPC logo creation team
- volunteers / retired but still loads to share: join bed-time story reading grandma's, enlist yourself so kids/OLPC community members can contact you when they are in need of help. The OLPC kids and families can television's you real time over their internet, using their OLPC XO-XS laptop-tabled that is equipped with wifi video cam + speakers and a microphone - what's not going as planned and you can what's going on, how to repair, how it will work, ...
In short, the spirit of OLPC includes one core thing: the community. This includes everyone, from the children and their families to their teachers and everyone who is collaborating towards the success of the project. Make sure you'll be able to tell your kids, grand-kids you were part of this great initiative. The largest, most comprehensive educational effort ever undertaken by Humanity, and you were part of it! Congratulations! Create a login, start writing who you are, what you can do, what you want to do, what you don't want to do anymore, how much time you have available, etc. Soon others will link up to you and start interacting. You'll be coached, trained as you are doing. Hey and since the OLPC community is worldwide, the OLPC help and help channels are there 24h/24h - 365 days a year !
- How to get in touch
- * #olpc-europe (and #olpc-groups) on freenode.net
- * #olpc on freenode.net (as there is so little english speaking olpc community in Europe -collapsed- and even world wide, it's better to link here) --SvenAERTS 22:59, 30 April 2013 (UTC)
- * Grassroots mailing list.
- How to get involved
- There are various forms of participation, including:
Welcome to this lists of grassroots organisations, which feel somewhat part of OLPC Europe.
Please add yours :-)
There's one special one and that is that on the European territory, OLPC has an official legal entity near Brussels: the European Headquarters of OLPC.
- OLPC Austria
- OLPC Belgium
- OLPC Bulgaria
- OLPC Croatia
- OLPC Denmark
- OLPC France
- OLPC Germany
- OLPC Greece
- OLPC Italy
- OLPC Netherlands
- OLPC Poland
- OLPC Russia
- OLPC Switzerland
- OLPC Slovenia
- OLPC Turkey
- OLPC UK
The lemma Europe on en.Wikipedia.org.
|Solutions Linux||||29. to 31. January 08||Paris||florian||Fixed|
|FOSDEM||||23. to 24. February 08||Brussels||h0lger||Fixed||OLPC: Saturday, 23. February, 15:00 to 17:00|
|Chemnitzer Linuxtage||||1. to 2. March 08||Chemnitz||daja77||Fixed||OLPC: Saturday, 1. March, 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m.|
|next >||CeBIT||||4. to 9. March 08||Hannover||daja77||Fixed||OLPC: Saturday, 8. March, 11:15 a.m. @ LinuxForum|
|next >||OpenExpo 2008||||12. and 13. March 08||Bern, Switzerland||vorburger, Michele||Planned|
|ApacheCon 08||||7. to 11. April 08||Amsterdam||Marten||Talks|
|LinuxTag Berlin||||28. to 31. May 08||Berlin||holger, joko||Fixed|
|OpenCommunityCamp||||10-17th August 2008||Oegstgeest,The Netherlands||Marten||Fixed|